Problem showing Validation Feedback message
Question

Hi Team,

Facing problem while showing feedback message. In the same application, for one screen, it is properly showing a feedback message but for the other screen, not showing it. CSS properties are same for both.

Below are the screenshots :

Screen 1 :

Screen 2 :

Are you sure the message you put into the feedback message box is not empty? 

regards,

Wim

Also it seems you have overruled the styling of the feedback message, is that overrule in the app stylesheet or in the screen stylesheet? Maybe if you put it in the screen css (whats not very good practice) the css might be different for the 2

regards,

Wim

Wim van den Brink wrote:

Also it seems you have overruled the styling of the feedback message, is that overrule in the app stylesheet or in the screen stylesheet? Maybe if you put it in the screen css (whats not very good practice) the css might be different for the 2

regards,

Wim

Hi,

I have not overruled the styling also feedback message box is not empty. Provided error message in it.

Bhakti Shinde

There is another method to show error message for a given control . You can use the 'Valid' and 'ValidationMessage' property of any control to show error message. You can try this approach .

Also make sure that you do ajax refresh for that control after updating the property and your control has a name else you cannot see the control in the assign widget . Please see the screen shot attached for reference .

With respect to current scenario .If the message is been displayed after any if condition, I would suggest you try debugging the application and see whether the pointer is actually coming to the feedback method. 

2.png

Pranav Pandey wrote:

Bhakti Shinde

There is another method to show error message for a given control . You can use the 'Valid' and 'ValidationMessage' property of any control to show error message. You can try this approach .

Also make sure that you do ajax refresh for that control after updating the property and your control has a name else you cannot see the control in the assign widget . Please see the screen shot attached for reference .

With respect to current scenario .If the message is been displayed after any if condition, I would suggest you try debugging the application and see whether the pointer is actually coming to the feedback method. 

Hi Pranav Pandey

message is displayed after switch condition. tried debugging and it is coming in the feedback method. Actually, control is in another web block and i am doing validation in another web block using session variable so how to use ajax refresh for that control as it is not showing control in another web block ?

Pranav Pandey wrote:

Bhakti Shinde

in my application, i am not using validation message, i have used feedback message. also i don't want to pass the control between web screen and web block just i want to show full message as it is showing in first screen shot which i have provided.

Bhakti Shinde wrote:

Pranav Pandey wrote:

Bhakti Shinde

in my application, i am not using validation message, i have used feedback message. also i don't want to pass the control between web screen and web block just i want to show full message as it is showing in first screen shot which i have provided.

That is what I am suggesting .Instead of showing feedback message in the web block , You need to pass the message to main page and show the feedback action there. You cannot implement feedback method directly in web block ,it will not work.

You need to use the notify action . Please see the link that I gave.

11.png

Pranav Pandey wrote:

Bhakti Shinde wrote:

Pranav Pandey wrote:

Bhakti Shinde

That is what I am suggesting .Instead of showing feedback message in the web block , You need to pass the message to main page and show the feedback action there. You cannot implement feedback method directly in web block ,it will not work.

You need to use the notify action . Please see the link that I gave.

Hi,

I can show the feedback message using webblock. Please look at the screenshot below:

I have used a webblock for Rider Cover Screen and there is a feedback message on the click of web blocks button. Please look at the screenshot below:

Please help Bhakti Shinde to solve the above problem.

Regards,

Manthan Shah.

Oh ,

Then in that case you can pass the value using notify server action method from web block to main page , there in  notify action you can show the message. Please follow below link , this will help you.

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/36905/how-to-pass-data-from-weblocks-to-main-page/

Just start the debugger and step through your code close to the feedback message, be sure that the text really is filled with some non empty string, you can even change your code to copy the data you want to display in the feedback message first to a variable so you can make sure there is no 'bad' character in the string you want to display. For instance if you concatenate a couple of strings you might think the combined string is correct but maybe there is some bad data in one of the fields. The screenshot you included shows the feedback is displayed but with some bad string data so that's where I would search. First try debug, make sure everything is filled, if that doesn't give a clue change your code so the displayed string is first put into a variable so you can see something useful will be displayed.

regards,

Wim

Wim van den Brink wrote:

Just start the debugger and step through your code close to the feedback message, be sure that the text really is filled with some non empty string, you can even change your code to copy the data you want to display in the feedback message first to a variable so you can make sure there is no 'bad' character in the string you want to display. For instance if you concatenate a couple of strings you might think the combined string is correct but maybe there is some bad data in one of the fields. The screenshot you included shows the feedback is displayed but with some bad string data so that's where I would search. First try debug, make sure everything is filled, if that doesn't give a clue change your code so the displayed string is first put into a variable so you can see something useful will be displayed.

regards,

Wim

Hi,

I have provided the text (everything is filled) and during debug it is going inside the element (feedback message). Please find the screenshot.

Also checked taking a button on web screen ('Ok' button in above screenshot) and provided feedback message on it and execute the code. It is showing the same issue.

There is no change in CSS. Can you please explain what is the 'bad' character issue?

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.