How to copy and create one row into table records

Hi All,

I am working with a table with 5 columns , with three expressions and a combo box and an input box. I have a button with each row of the table. On hitting that button it will create a row with all the contents of the row of which's button is clicked. It Should copy all three expressions along with the combo box and the input box.

1. How to achieve the above scenario.

2. Currently the combo box is having 5 options . So once an user selects an option from the combo box and hit the copy button. On the new row the combo box should have only 4 options excluding the previously selected option.

3. Finally how can I save all records with the newly created rows.

Please help me on this. Please see the screenshot below.

Please show us a screenshot so we can help you.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Nuno Pereira

Nuno Gonçalo Pereira wrote:

Please show us a screenshot so we can help you.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Nuno Pereira

Hi Nuno I have updated the post with the screenshot. Once user hits the + button it will create a similar row under that particular row. The combo box and input box value needs to be put by the user on the newly created row.

Just a couple of clarifying questions:

1. What happens if the user changes the value of the combobox after it has been copied? Do you want the other combo boxes to stay in sync with the change and remove the new value and add back the old one?

2. What happens when there are more than 5 rows with options selected? Would the combobox be blank?

On the surface it seems to me like you're going to want to make a web block to represent the row so you can do this processing on the selected combobox items. 

What does your data model look like?

Allen Helton wrote:

Just a couple of clarifying questions:

1. What happens if the user changes the value of the combobox after it has been copied? Do you want the other combo boxes to stay in sync with the change and remove the new value and add back the old one?

2. What happens when there are more than 5 rows with options selected? Would the combobox be blank?

On the surface it seems to me like you're going to want to make a web block to represent the row so you can do this processing on the selected combobox items. 

What does your data model look like?

1. on the newly created row, the combo box will show the default 'Select' and input field will be empty. The combo box will have rest of the values excluding the selected ones.

2. after user selects five options from the combo box , the combo box will be empty.  

Suprio Roy wrote:

Hi All,

I am working with a table with 5 columns , with three expressions and a combo box and an input box. I have a button with each row of the table. On hitting that button it will create a row with all the contents of the row of which's button is clicked. It Should copy all three expressions along with the combo box and the input box.

1. How to achieve the above scenario.

2. Currently the combo box is having 5 options . So once an user selects an option from the combo box and hit the copy button. On the new row the combo box should have only 4 options excluding the previously selected option.

3. Finally how can I save all records with the newly created rows.

Please help me on this. Please see the screenshot below.

you need to run the following steps:

1- use an aggregate to populate your combobox with a query that returns as output 2 things (id + RFI attribute) on Preparation flow.

2-when user select one attribute and when you save a row, you can create an attribute in your table with name "isSelected" of boolean type.

if your table have:

1                    Attr1

2                    Attr2

3                    Attr3

4                    Attr4

5                    Attr5

For example, when you select the Attr2 and click on your button (+) you have to update the column "isSelected" to true to the row of the Attr2 using the updateTableName database function.

At the second Time, if you select attr3, you'll update the column "isSelected" to "true" in the Attr3 row

3-In your combobox query/aggregate you need to filter your records considering the "isSelected"=false Field.

If selected, doesn't appear, if not , appear.

4- To save all records, you just need to save in database each row.

I hope it helps you!

Thanks and Best Regards,

Nuno Pereira

Hi Nuno ,

Thanks for your suggestions but the problem is the source list of that table is a SQL query since I am am picking multiple id's from previous page to display the data based on the selected id's and aggregate doesn't allow to use the 'IN' statement. As a result I am bound to use SQL query for populating the data to the table. 

Can you please suggest me if your recommendations can be used or altered for SQL source list. 

yes, you can use IN clause too and maintain your SQL query as source List. Using in WHERE clause the IN clause like this:

WHERE RFIAttr.Id not IN (@SelectedId's)

where selectedids is an input variable of your query and consequently an local variable of type text with the id's selected.

when you remove an item, you need to delete this id to the SelectedIds variable