4 layer architecture - Mobile

Is 4 layer architecture possible in mobile like theme, core in separate separate modules and referring the same in main module ? as we do in web application... 

Hi, 

The 4 LC architecture is possible for mobile as well. The principles remain the same 

Check out the below tech talk for more details. This should give you the needed guidance 

https://www.outsystems.com/learn/lesson/1702/mobile-architecture/

Hope this helps !!!

Amal Raj wrote:

Hi, 

The 4 LC architecture is possible for mobile as well. The principles remain the same 

Check out the below tech talk for more details. This should give you the needed guidance 

Hope this helps !!!

I want to create mobile theme in other module and to use those template web blocks in my UI module. But when i try to make the web blocks present to public ,it is not allowing me to make menu block as public, so it's not allowing me to use menu and layout in another module. How can I fix this???

Tamil Mathi P wrote:

Amal Raj wrote:

Hi, 

Hope this helps !!!

I want to create mobile theme in other module and to use those template web blocks in my UI module. But when i try to make the web blocks present to public ,it is not allowing me to make menu block as public, so it's not allowing me to use menu and layout in another module. How can I fix this???

Hello 

What is the error you are getting ?

Regards 

Amal Raj wrote:

Tamil Mathi P wrote:

Amal Raj wrote:

Hi, 

Hope this helps !!!

Hello 

What is the error you are getting ?

Regards 

I am unable to make layout and menu web block as public if I copy the standard theme being used in mobile in another module to create a theme and refer that theme (theme in separate module) in main module, other than these two web blocks I can refer other web blocks.

Hi 

I tried to make the MenuBlock Public and got the error

"Invalid Public Block
Block 'Menu' cannot be public. It cannot navigate to Screens using Destination elements or use other blocks that do so.".

This error is because there are two links that are navigating to Common/Login screen and Logout Action that is also having a Destination element. 

The way I went about to solve is this below 

1) Created two events on the MenuBlock OnLogin & OnLogout and attached them to the OnClick.

2) Made the Menu Block public. 

3) Similar approach for Layout Block as it also refers to Menu block

Does this help !!! 

Amal Raj wrote:

Hi 

I tried to make the MenuBlock Public and got the error

"Invalid Public Block
Block 'Menu' cannot be public. It cannot navigate to Screens using Destination elements or use other blocks that do so.".

This error is because there are two links that are navigating to Common/Login screen and Logout Action that is also having a Destination element. 

The way I went about to solve is this below 

1) Created two events on the MenuBlock OnLogin & OnLogout and attached them to the OnClick.

2) Made the Menu Block public. 

3) Similar approach for Layout Block as it also refers to Menu block

Does this help !!! 

Thank you for your reply ... This is also not working ...

Hi 

Were you able to solve the issue ?

Regards