Open, Close and pass parameters in PopUp window

Hello,

I have a WebScreen1 which has a link that opens a second WebSreen2, in the WebScreen2 i have a form with inputs and save button. i want to refresh the parent window (WebScreen1) on save,  with the from parameters from the Child window (WebScreen2). how i can do that?

thanks.

Hi,

Open child screen as a popup and call notify action on save click.

And implement notify action accordingly.

Thanks.

Hello Shahar, 

You need to define an OnNotify destination in your Popup_Editor.
This OnNotify action should refresh the data and the container that has the table on the Webscreen1.
See pictures for reference.

Hope this helps, 

Best Regards

Paulo Zacarias wrote:

Hello Shahar, 

You need to define an OnNotify destination in your Popup_Editor.
This OnNotify action should refresh the data and the container that has the table on the Webscreen1.
See pictures for reference.

Hope this helps, 

Best Regards

1. I found the Popup_Editor_Close but not the Popup_Editor_Notify

2. In the screen 2 where i have the form, i have 2 inputs which i want to pass them to the notified window

Hello Shahar, 

2. May I ask you how are you saving the parameters you want? 

i dont have the Pop_Editor_Notify in the RichWidgets dependencies 

Shahar Zion wrote:

BTW in WebScreen1 i have 2 input parameters that are bound to 2 inputs, and i want to pass them from the form in WebScreen2 

Shahar Zion wrote:

I think in OS 11 Version this function is as deprecated. Search for the name deprecated inside the RichWidgets espace inside the dependencies.

OR

Check this discussion:

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/41219/notify-deprecated-in-service-studio-11-what-can-i-use-to-replace-it/

Thanks and Best Regards,

Nuno Pereira

Shahar Zion wrote:

Shahar Zion wrote:

BTW in WebScreen1 i have 2 input parameters that are bound to 2 inputs, and i want to pass them from the form in WebScreen2 

Hi Shahar,

In Outsystems 11, go to the Manage Dependencies, look if the "Refresh All" it´s on, if yes, first of all, do the refresh, then, do the same way to come to this screen and click on RichWidgets and search for notify, like the image bellow:

Now, to pass the information received by the inputs, you just need to create the same input parameters on target screen and fill with the inputs of the first screen on link created to open the popup.

Hope this helps, 

Best Regards,

Douglas Lima

Hey guys,

Thank you all for your solutions, eventually i needed to understand that i need to act in a reasonable way as the web works and not trying to force do things i cannot do trying to bind parameters from 1 screen to another, but to use the notify Message property to pass it as JSON string, then i Deserialize it to structure, then i could bind it to my screen 1 params.