BPT - assign Activity to Group

Please let me know, how to assign the activity to a group.

In the System module the Activity entity is having the column group id, like to know how and when the data will be stored.

Solution

Hi Vinoth Nivas Jayaraman,

I suggest you go through the online training on BPT, as it covers this and much more.

Solution

Hi Jorge,

I have gone through the course. I wanted to know couple of things

1. Apart from APIs, is there way to assign groups to an activity like we assign role. But I hope it is not possible

2. Sample use cases of when would we need group to be assigned to an activity, what would be the benefit. Is it like fetching activities by group, in case of if have such a requirement?

Thanks,

Vinoth

Vinoth Nivas Jayaraman wrote:

Please let me know, how to assign the activity to a group.

In the System module the Activity entity is having the column group id, like to know how and when the data will be stored.

Hi Vinoth,

There's an server action in the System named ActivitySetGroup which limit a Human activity visibility and handlig to end users that belong to the specific group.

You can click on the manage dependencies and select the server action

Hope this helps you!!!

Hi Vinoth,

1. Apart from APIs, is there way to assign groups to an activity like we assign role. But I hope it is not possible

The only way of assigning a Group to an Activity is programmatically, through the API.

2. Sample use cases of when would we need group to be assigned to an activity, what would be the benefit. Is it like fetching activities by group, in case of if have such a requirement?

You would assign a Group of users instead of a single User or a Role when the people you want to assign to the human activity are not determined only by the roles they have. For instance, out of all the users with role Manager, only those that that are in the management hierarchy above the employee (employee's unit manager, the employee's department manager or the employee's VP) can approve expenses.