Will the published applications (on-premises) stop if platform license expire?

Hi, I'm new to OutSystems and want to confirm one point.

Will the published applications stop if platform license expire after a year?

Considering that OutSystems 10/11 platform was setup on-premises environment with published web/mobile apps that end-users had been using over a year but for certain reason customer can't renew the license.

Hi Khurram,

Yes all platform will be stopped.
Here is an example warning message on service center for all environments (Dev, Test, Live)

Best Regards
Ferhat

Is there any way to keep applications online for the end-users (Live) after the license expires? (even if it is a workaround way)

It does make sense that no further development/changes/lifetime/servicecenter should be done with expired license but what has been developed and live (on-premises) for end users should suppose to keep running for their business activities. Right!

Solution

Hi Khurram,

OutSystems doesn't have any 'runtime' license model. (at least I don't know)

But, when you don't want to use OutSystems platform anymore, they can share your current application and database with you.Then, you must configure your application on your IIS and your database. (that's the only possibility I know)

I think the only OutSystems support can give a proper solution about it. I guess you need to create a support ticket.

Best Regards,
Ferhat

Solution

Ferhat Karatay wrote:

Hi Khurram,

OutSystems doesn't have any 'runtime' license model. (at least I don't know)

But, when you don't want to use OutSystems platform anymore, they can share your current application and database with you.Then, you must configure your application on your IIS and your database. (that's the only possibility I know)

I think the only OutSystems support can give a proper solution about it. I guess you need to create a support ticket.

Best Regards,
Ferhat

Thanks Ferhat,

Hi,

Here you can check information about the detach process.

Regards,

Marcelo

Thanks Marcelo