Error while accessing the REST service

Hi,

I have created REST service with Basic Authentication like below.

Whenever the method called from POSTMAN, there is no error in the method but below error is logged in the Service Centre.

Please help me how to avoid the above Service Center.

Balamurugan N wrote:

Hi,

Whenever the method called from POSTMAN, there is no error in the method but below error is logged in the Service Centre.

Hi,

can you check again or share the detail log.

As of it is an unsuccessful - attempt log.

thanks

assif_tiger wrote:

Balamurugan N wrote:

Hi,

Hi,

can you check again or share the detail log.

As of it is an unsuccessful - attempt log.

thanks

Hi,

Please find the detailed log below.

Hi Balamurugan N,

You may find more detailed info on what happens when you setup your REST API's Authentication property to Basic on the documentation. Authentication will be performed on the OnAuthentication that was automatically generated when you select Basic Authentication. You can change the behaviour, but default behaviour should be ok... and debuggable, if you can't understand the problem.

Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi Balamurugan N,

You may find more detailed info on what happens when you setup your REST API's Authentication property to Basic on the documentation. Authentication will be performed on the OnAuthentication that was automatically generated when you select Basic Authentication. You can change the behaviour, but default behaviour should be ok... and debuggable, if you can't understand the problem.

Hi Jorge Martins,

I followed the documentation only. I debugged the OnAuthentication action also but the exception didn't happen but the above mentioned error logged in Service Center. 

Balamurugan,

When you are debugging the OnAuthentication, what's the output of the Users_Login action? If the exception is raised inside you know the client is providing the wrong credentials when invoking your web service. How are you providing the credentials on the consumer of your REST API?

Jorge Martins wrote:

Balamurugan,

When you are debugging the OnAuthentication, what's the output of the Users_Login action? If the exception is raised inside you know the client is providing the wrong credentials when invoking your web service. How are you providing the credentials on the consumer of your REST API?

Sorry for late reply. I am not getting any exception in the OnAuthentication server action but the above mentioned error logged into the Service Centre. If the user name and password is wrong then I am getting the following error message "Invalid User Name and Password"