Modify android application class

Hi

I am developing a mobile application, In which I have to use one android library. In order to use that library, I have to add a few lines of java code in the android application class but I don't know how could I do it in outsystems.

Does anyone know any plugin that will let me do that? 

Narendra Kothamire wrote:

Hi

I am developing a mobile application, In which I have to use one android library. In order to use that library, I have to add a few lines of java code in the android application class but I don't know how could I do it in outsystems.

Does anyone know any plugin that will let me do that? 

Hi Narendra Kothamire,

Can you specify the library you are willing to use.Although outsystems supports usage of Cordova  Plugins to achieve Out-of-box requirements for application.

And ntegration Tool 's are used for connecting with third-party Data-source [API,Entities,DB etc], You cannot use the one for android-library implementation. As of each lib is a kind of gradle & we have to add it with the application.

At outsystem we achieve this by Cordova Plugins by declaring them under Configuration.

Thanks,

Assif

Hi assif_tiger,

Thanks for the reply. It's a native library so I have to develop Cordova plugin to use that library but in order to use that lib I need to write some java code in the android application class so I want to know how to achieve that 

Hi Narendra,

Afaik, you simply can't write code for the "native" part of an OutSystems mobile application, as all this code is automatically generated when you create the application's package.

You can change configurations, you can change the manifest, etc, but you can't access directly the application class or add code to it directly. You can only integrate your app with a Cordova Plugin.

So, or you write a Cordova Plugin that can take care entirely of the question, or I think you will not be able to use this native library.

Cheers.

Narendra Kothamire wrote:

Hi assif_tiger,

Thanks for the reply. It's a native library so I have to develop Cordova plugin to use that library but in order to use that lib I need to write some java code in the android application class so I want to know how to achieve that 

Can you share the Native Lib link/ref here.

May be folks here can help out you & come with a quick Cordova Alternative :)

And remember, Once you Implement the Cordova Plugin then you will not be able to Test the App on Browser Simulator,.... As of Cordova is not  supported there!!!

Cheers

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi Narendra,

Afaik, you simply can't write code for the "native" part of an OutSystems mobile application, as all this code is automatically generated when you create the application's package.

You can change configurations, you can change the manifest, etc, but you can't access directly the application class or add code to it directly. You can only integrate your app with a Cordova Plugin.

So, or you write a Cordova Plugin that can take care entirely of the question, or I think you will not be able to use this native library.

Cheers.

Hi Eduardo Jauch,

Thanks for the reply, can you guide me how could I modify the manifest file, I want to add name property in the application tag as shown in the attached image

Hi,

Never did that.
But I think the only way is to create a Cordova Plugin (dummy one) that will include in its manifest what you need, and use the plugin in the application. I "think" there is no way to edit the application manifest directly (because the Extensibility Configuration do not accept this configuration, I think)...

Cheers.