CameraHTML5

I'm trying to implement the CameraHTML5 forge component, (https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/2843/camerahtml5) but I am unable to find where the image taken is being captured. I would like to capture the image into a local variable to be used for face recognition. The demo is using the "Deprecated_GetNotifyMessage" but obviously it is not efficient to use it anymore. Can anyone help me with this?

Solution

Hi Jason,

Before I try to address your concern, let me suggest you post questions specific to a Forge component on that component's Support section, it will have a higher chance of getting the attention of the development team itself.

Until the developer team updates the component to use the new Event model in OutSystems 11, you can still use the Deprecated_GetNotifyMessage action, I get the feeling it won't go away anytime soon. And, as far as I can tell, there's no issue of efficiency here, it's just a different way of passing data out of a Web Block.

Solution

Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi Jason,

Before I try to address your concern, let me suggest you post questions specific to a Forge component on that component's Support section, it will have a higher chance of getting the attention of the development team itself.

Until the developer team updates the component to use the new Event model in OutSystems 11, you can still use the Deprecated_GetNotifyMessage action, I get the feeling it won't go away anytime soon. And, as far as I can tell, there's no issue of efficiency here, it's just a different way of passing data out of a Web Block.

Thanks Jorge, I will do that next time.