default value null to text parametr

Hello

I have some text value parameter that if I do not send anything => must sending null and not default value "null" or "". Can I do it in OS?

Viktoria Yosupova wrote:

Hello

I have some text value parameter that if I do not send anything => must sending null and not default value "null" or "". Can I do it in OS?

Hi,

In Outsystems, variables, parameters and attributes can't have a null value. Instead, simple types (like Integer, Text etc.) have a default value. Integers, Long Integers and Decimals default to 0, Text defaults to the empty string "", Booleans are False. 

So you can refer the default value instead.
Hope it helps

Hi Viktoria,

In addition to what assif says, which is accurate, if you would want to store null values in the database have a look at this post:

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/Development_FAQs/How_to_insert_a_null_value_into_a_database_record

Kind regards,

Nordin

Hi Viktoria,

When ever we create any variable with text data type it will take value as string.But If you want to send null(Not in string format) You have to explicitly assign Null value (With the use of provided data conversion )in case of empty string in your action.

Thanks,

Manish Pandey