Popup link id must be the id of a Link or Button Widget with Method Navigate.

I have an icon on my page that is enclosed with a Link with On Click Method "Navigate" where when I click such icon, it goes to a popup page and I can select an item an pass a notify back to the parent for updating field. Although it works properly, there will always be an alert message comes from the top and say the following:


An exception occurred in the client script. Error: Popup link id must be the id of a Link or Button Widget with Method Navigate.


What did things possibly go wrong here? Please feel free to ask for further information if needed. Thanks.



Please also inform if there is a way to stop such alert to pop up, if no solution can be spotted, for development purpose.

Can you share a simplified OML that demonstrates the issue?

G. Andrew Duthie wrote:

Can you share a simplified OML that demonstrates the issue?

do i open a new module for this purpose? haven't done it before


Stephen Li wrote:

G. Andrew Duthie wrote:

Can you share a simplified OML that demonstrates the issue?

do i open a new module for this purpose? haven't done it before


To share an OML that reproduces the issue, just create a new application, and add the popup and whatever else is needed to reproduce the issue you are seeing. Then in Service Studio, click the Module menu, and select Export > Save As... (or just use Ctrl+Shift+S) and give the file the desired name. Then post that exported file as an attachment to the thread.

That will allow anyone following this thread to see exactly what the issue is.


G. Andrew Duthie wrote:

Stephen Li wrote:

G. Andrew Duthie wrote:

Can you share a simplified OML that demonstrates the issue?

do i open a new module for this purpose? haven't done it before


To share an OML that reproduces the issue, just create a new application, and add the popup and whatever else is needed to reproduce the issue you are seeing. Then in Service Studio, click the Module menu, and select Export > Save As... (or just use Ctrl+Shift+S) and give the file the desired name. Then post that exported file as an attachment to the thread.

That will allow anyone following this thread to see exactly what the issue is.



I couldn't quite replicate the issue in the module, seems to work just fine when i put it into other application.

But there is a yellow alert on the Link in the original application where the alert popped. It says:

'Popup_webscreen' Web Screen should be either a Frequent Destination or the target of a connector from 'Parent_webscreen' Web Screen.


Not sure if tis gives us a clue.

Hi Stephen,

Just give a name(for example: 'icon') to the icon and link that icon to your pop up widget, in this case link it with 'icon.id' in pop widget.

This would resolve your problem.

Best,

Aditya

Aditya Gaur wrote:

Hi Stephen,

Just give a name(for example: 'icon') to the icon and link that icon to your pop up widget, in this case link it with 'icon.id' in pop widget.

This would resolve your problem.

Best,

Aditya

Shouldn't the reference ID to be the ID of the Link that enclose the icon instead of the icon itself?

Icon Name = IconName

Link Name = LinkName

Popup Editor LinkOrButtonWidgetId = LinkName.Id

This is what I am doing.

Stephen Li wrote:

Aditya Gaur wrote:

Hi Stephen,

Just give a name(for example: 'icon') to the icon and link that icon to your pop up widget, in this case link it with 'icon.id' in pop widget.

This would resolve your problem.

Best,

Aditya

Shouldn't the reference ID to be the ID of the Link that enclose the icon instead of the icon itself?

Icon Name = IconName

Link Name = LinkName

Popup Editor LinkOrButtonWidgetId = LinkName.Id

This is what I am doing.

Just try other way around:

Popup Editor LinkOrButtonWidgetId = IconName.Id

and make sure method should be 'navigate'.


Hi Stephen,

Need to check few things in ur code.

1. Popup_editor LinkOrButtonWidgetId  - should be the Id of link button

2. Method of link button should be Navigate.

3. Link Should be Enabled if ur link is "Enabled = False" then u will get mentioned error.


Regards,

Shoeb


Shoeb Khan wrote:

Hi Stephen,

Need to check few things in ur code.

1. Popup_editor LinkOrButtonWidgetId  - should be the Id of link button

2. Method of link button should be Navigate.

3. Link Should be Enabled if ur link is "Enabled = False" then u will get mentioned error.


Regards,

Shoeb


Thanks for the response! I have checked all three things and all of them are correct for my situation.

The pop up actually did show after clicking, but when I select the item and the popup will close automatically as it is supposed to, then the corresponding fields will be filled in the parent screen. Everything of these just went well, but the only thing that is abnormal is such alert appears.