How to Access outsystem from a external database

Hi All,

Is there any tool available to query   or Update  data from outsystem by using external tool

Thanks,

R.karthik

Hello Karthik, 

Unsure what you need. Can you please elaborate on your query ?

Regards

Are you looking for any integration system to get data to outsystems environment.

Thanks,

Saicharan

Hello,

you can try to expose an update method using a REST api, in that way you can update data from outsystems

Regards.

I need to access outsystem tables using external tool to do crud Operation on outsystem tables

Omar Alejandro Soto wrote:

Hello,

you can try to expose an update method using a REST api, in that way you can update data from outsystems

Regards.

If i use rest api i need to Publish each time whenever i change the logic know,what i want is that i need to do crud operation on any table dynamically 

Hi Karthik,

If you are have SQL server on premise you can for example use SQL Server Management Studio.

If you have a enterprise edition in the cloud you can request a VPN connection and then you can also use external database mangement tool.

If your production environment is with Sentry, then it is NOT possible.

Regards,

Daniel

The reason this is a bad idea is because changing the database directly has a high risk of breaking your outsystems application. If you use a rest webservice Outsystems itself will handle the updating of the data.

If you create a seperate espace, with very simple create update/delete webservices, there should be barely any need to change the logic in them further. If you still require to add seperate logic then this only increases the need to do it on Outsystems, what are you going to do instead? Write tons of triggers and logic on your database server?