(52)
Published on 2019-03-11 by Johan den Ouden
52 votes
Published on 2019-03-11 by Johan den Ouden

Hi all,

i think the advanced SQL on the eSpace Version List is not correct:

I see this statement:

SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

left join {APP_VERSION_MODULE_VERSION} on ({Espace_Version}.Id = {APP_VERSION_MODULE_VERSION}.ESPACE_VERSION_ID and {APP_VERSION_MODULE_VERSION}.EXTENSION_VERSION_ID is null)

The "APP_VERSION_MODULE_VERSION.EXTENSION_VERSION_ID = NULL" is not correct (or maybe not complete) because it is possible that the APP_VERSION_MODULE_VERSION.ESPACE_VERSION_ID and APP_VERSION_MODULE_VERSION.EXTENSION_VERSION_ID both are filled.
In that case the current eSpace in the list has no current Application mentioned, but the delete action will crash because of the protected field in APP_VERSION_MODULE_VERSION.

Best Regards,

Jeroen Vormer

Hi Jeroen,

Thanks for your feedback. I have looked at it and found out there are more problems with this screen.
I will investigate it further more and bring a new version alive.
For now I have built a new version which tells what goes wrong when you want to delete a version.

Regards,

Johan

Hello Johan,

Any news about it?it has passed some time.

Márcio Mônego Fonseca wrote:

Hello Johan,

You should check out the DB Cleaner on Steroids. That has all the features + more 

Stacey Levine wrote:

Márcio Mônego Fonseca wrote:

Hello Johan,

You should check out the DB Cleaner on Steroids. That has all the features + more 

Hello Stacey,

The database cleanup is a very need action to maintain a development environment healthy.

The module/apps version table become very large in just a few days. If you know that DBcleaner have issues with cleanup please consider discontinue it or please add more info about the problem.

I see  you are on both teams but we see a lot of app growing on forge every day and not all of them are good designed and to do a task with this risk(cleanup) we don't want to see thinks broken at database level.

Really consider make DBCleaner deprecated if you trust DB Cleaner on Steroids makes DBCleaner job in a better way.

Please don't take my question rude, but our database of on prem environment with a size of 79GB, and 60GB only of tables related to versions of publish process during development. It's a huge problem and we need a tool that help us to clean this.

Thanks,

Solution

Hi Márcio,

Sorry I know it's a long time since my post I have no time to support this module at this moment (and the last year :) ). 

I have tried DB Cleaner on Steroids and it looks good. Also is Stacey Levine a serious guy. Of course I can't give you any guarantee but I would say take a look at DB Cleaner on Steroids.

Regards,

Johan

Solution