How to design 4 LC if i have External DB Extension

How to design 4 LC if i have External DB Extension.if i create one blank module then i can add reference of extension in that Module.but that db is not avaiable in UI layer.we can achive this one wih help wrapper action.but main problem if i want to add one local variable which datatype is some entity identifier.then how to achive this.

Hi Arkyadeep,

What's the problem with your End-User module referencing an Extension module? That doesn't violate the 4LC.

Jorge Martins wrote:basically I have one extension.and I have one core application.from that core application I added the extension for that reason all entity are  available and we can create wrapper action in core application.but in ui layer I need one local valariable which data type  is some entity identified.i am unable to achieve this.because entity are not available there 

Hi Arkyadeep,

What's the problem with your End-User module referencing an Extension module? That doesn't violate the 4LC.

Jorge Martins wrote:is it possible to achive

Hi Arkyadeep,

Arkyadeep,

In your UI module just add a dependency for your Extension module, so you can use the Entities (and identifiers) it defines.

Jorge Martins wrote:Hi

i dont want to add my extension module in UI.i already added that dependency in our Core Mode.in That core module i already developed Wrapper Action for Crud Operation.that wrapper action i am calling from UI Module.now in that UI module i need one local variable which datatype is Entity Identifier.how to achive in this architecture.is it possible?

Arkyadeep,

In your UI module just add a dependency for your Extension module, so you can use the Entities (and identifiers) it defines.

Arkyadeep,

If you don't want to do what I've explained above, then you won't be able to have access to the entity identifier data type for the entities defined in your extension. You can always use an integer (or long integer, depending on what is the data type of your identifier) for your local variable, and then use IntegerToIdentifier() action to convert if needed.