Users/ background scheduled jobs

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding users and security.

Let's say you want to develop an application for which users need to sign up, however their accounts need to be approved by administrators otherwise they would not be able to log-in.

What is the best way to solve this issue? Shall I put these users in UnapprovedRole and add a token and make a sort of scheduled job that would delete the users with UnapprovedRole and expired token? Which brings me to the next question which is: is it possible to create this sort of scheduled job that would run in the background and execute a certain logic? 

My other question is, how do you handle all of the users, doesn't the user app get frustrating at a certain point especially when you have different users and multiple applications and you need to restrict access to them and so on. Isn't it better to develop another users management solution?

Thank you for your collaboration, please note that I am brand new to the OutSystems Community!

Hi khouloud khezami,

OutSystems has a built-in user management system. You can allways extend to make adaptions towards what you need. The suggestion is also to use groups to manage the users and application permissions. See more information here:

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Secure_the_Application/End-User_Management/Manage_End-Users_and_Organize_Roles_using_Groups