Views
Comments
Solved
Dropdown navigation
Question

Hi all,

I am trying to put a drop-down which will contain the attribute names of an entity and on selecting a particular attribute from the drop-down it will navigate to a different page which will contain some common attributes data and that particular attribute data that is being selected in the drop-down.

For Example- lets consider i have an entity 1 with attributes Name,A,B,C

Now i want to have a drop-down with A,B,C and when selected it will navigate to a list web-screen containing the Name and the data of the particular attribute(A or B or C) depending on the selection.

can anyone guide me through this?

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Subham Bid,

Yes, if you only have values [A, B, C] for example, there is another way that is to set as special values:

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Subham Bid,

You need to use the property onchange of the drop-down, to call an action that has your business logic implemented and that also navigates to the other screen.

Did you implemented something already so that we can help you further?

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Subham Bid,

To use or not, a static entity, depends on the type of data and business case. I would say as example, if you are using countries names then maybe yes, but if you are using dinamic data maybe not.

Cheers,

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Subham Bid,

Yes, if you only have values [A, B, C] for example, there is another way that is to set as special values:

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Subham Bid,

I can provide you some tips about how you can to reach your solution :)

A possible direction to a solution could be: 

• 1st create a screen action to navigate to the other screen;

• 2nd call that action on the onchage property of the combobox:

Hello Subham Bid,
Set the onchange action for dropdown. When you select the dropdown value set the condition on Onchange action and depending on the condition set your destination.

Hi again,

i have passed the dropdown options as parameter and redirect it to a  new webscreen using the onchange action.Now in the new webscreen i am trying to fetch the values through an sql command like "Select FirstName,LastName,@key from Associate",where key is the parameter passed from dropdown. i have debugged it and the key contains the value but there is runtime problem regarding the SQL.Can anyone suggest what should i do?

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Subham Bid,

I'd suggest to use an aggregate, because it might be simple to use (depending on the complexity of your query ofcourse).

Regards,

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Subham Bid,

Good you solved it! 

What is the error of the excel and what logic did you used?

Maybe you can open a new topic about the excel part :)

Can You guys tell me how to show the selected person/drop down  details in the same screen instead of in another screen ? Like, drop down is at left side of screen and the respective details are at right side of screen...