[FileSystem] [Network FileSystem] Only files from first folder & its sub directories are displayed

Forge Component
(27)
Published on 21 Feb (4 weeks ago) by João Portela
27 votes
Published on 21 Feb (4 weeks ago) by João Portela

Hello everyone,

So I'm developing an application that is required to display all files from a directory and its sub directories.

The heirarchy is something like this:

Folder 1

• Folder a
    • Folder a.1
      • Folder a.1.1
      • Folder a.1.2
    • Folder a.2
      • Folder a.2.1
      • Folder a.2.2
    • Folder a.3
  • Folder b
    • Folder b.1
      • Folder b.1.1
      • Folder b.1.2
    • Folder b.2
  • Folder c
    • Folder c.1

I'm using the Extension "NetworkFileSystem" and its Server Action "Directory_ListDirFiles" in order to display the data that I need. It works however, only the files of the first folder and its subdirectories are displayed (Folder a until Folder a.1.2 only).

I just learned that the "NetworkFileSystem" is deprecated and was merged with "FlieSystem" extension so I tried using it instead. However, the paramaters Domain, Username, and Password is not available on the Server Action "Directory_ListDirFiles". I need these parameters because I am connecting to a network/shared foldeer path (//folderA/folderB/...)

Can you please help me on this?

Hi,

Try ztree from forge https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/963/ztree

It has a lot feature for hierarchy folder or file structure https://github.com/zTree/zTree_v3/tree/master/demo

The FileSystem extension has the domain, username and password available as input parameters. (Version 3.0.3)

Matthias Preuter wrote:

The FileSystem extension has the domain, username and password available as input parameters. (Version 3.0.3)

Hello,

I forgot to mention that our applications are running on Platform 10 so this version is still incompatible for us.

Regards,

Eyre

Eyre,

Attached the v10 version of the FileSystem component, with userimpersonation support (like Network FileSystem). 

Kind regards,

Matthias

Matthias Preuter wrote:

Eyre,

Attached the v10 version of the FileSystem component, with userimpersonation support (like Network FileSystem). 

To create the heirarchy of directories; you have to recursively add all child directories; I'll try to create a sample for this.

Kind regards,

Matthias

Thank you very much Matthias! I will appreciate it very much if you'll provide an example. I'll also try to it on my end.

Regards,

Eyre

I think "you have to recursively add all child directories" is not true; because there is a input parameter SearchSubDirs; so I have to check....