Same input but difference result between run test outsystem and UI

Hi every body i have an issue

with same inputs but when set to params and run test SQL advance query in outsystem return result difference  when input UI and debug

SQL

1. Test outsystem

---------------------------------------

2. Debug with value input UI

Result

Some body have occur problem like me?

Please explain it for me thanks

Hello,

1. Are you really sure you are passing the same value in the parameter that you used in the test? I ask because it seems  you are showing a value after the query in the code, and we can't be sure this is the value passed to the query.

2. Is the query connected to a table/list records in screen that has a line count set to 2?

3. Is this a multitenant app?

(can't see the images right because I'm on phone, sorry)

Cheers

P.S. You should use an aggregate for this query.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello,

1. Are you really sure you are passing the same value in the parameter that you used in the test? I ask because it seems  you are showing a value after the query in the code, and we can't be sure this is the value passed to the query.

2. Is the query connected to a table/list records in screen that has a line count set to 2?

3. Is this a multitenant app?

(can't see the images right because I'm on phone, sorry)

Cheers

Hi Eduardo Jauch

1. I'm really sure have passed the same value used in the test and UI input.

2. Is the query connected to a table/list records in screen that has a line count set to 2 ?

=> yes this query fetch data to table record with line count set to 2 but what happen for it ?

3. Is this a multitenant app? => it's not multitenant app

The line count property will limit the number of lines fetched by the aggregate/sql.

Hi,

This probably caused by number of max records in your SQL.
Make sure 'max records' is empty to get all records.

If it has any value (for example : 2), and the actual records are 10, then it will return 2 records only.

Good luck!

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

The line count property will limit the number of lines fetched by the aggregate/sql.

Yes ,You were correctly about line count but that mean can't fetch all data when paging by list_navigation.
because if increase line count of table just up limit data size fetch not get all records.

How to use line count for paging and not relate to number of record limit ?

Sorry it can be describe in training video but i can't understanding all content (listening skill is not good)

Thanks

Hi Tung,

The best advise I can give is to create a new screen by dragging the User Entity onto the Flow canvas. The auto-schaffolding intelliwizzard will create pagination for you, so you can check how it's done.

Tung Nguyen wrote:

Yes ,You were correctly about line count but that mean can't fetch all data when paging by list_navigation.
because if increase line count of table just up limit data size fetch not get all records.

How to use line count for paging and not relate to number of record limit ?

Hi, please, follow Kilian's advice.

Just to explain a little, when using pagination, the aggregate/sql will fetch records from the FIRST record to the last record of the current page + 1. So, when you advance in pages, the number of records fetched will increase automatically, even if the Table Records/List Records is using only part of them (and in the Table/List records List, only the records for the current page + 1 will be present.

For more information, please, take a look here: https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/37002/how-the-pagination-navigation-widget-works/

Cheers.