[MSWordUtils] Explanation about SetCorePropertyText Action

Forge Component
(2)
Published on 8 Nov by Stuart Harris
2 votes
Published on 8 Nov by Stuart Harris

Hi Stuart

Congratulations for your component, really useful.

Do you have some example of the use of the SetCorePropertyText?

I'm trying to apply "Highlight" on an already existing phrase.

I've first tried to use the replace for the same phrase but with "Highlight" property seted, but I saw tha it is not possible.

Do you know if there is some way to do it?

Best regards

Tiago Vital

Hi Tiago,

Thank you for your question. I think this will require an extension to the formatting part of the API.

Could you attach an example word doc of the end result you are trying to achieve? That will help ensure I add the right capability to the API.

Kind regards,

Stuart

Stuart Harris wrote:

Hi Tiago,

Thank you for your question. I think this will require an extension to the formatting part of the API.

Could you attach an example word doc of the end result you are trying to achieve? That will help ensure I add the right capability to the API.

Kind regards,

Stuart

Hi Stuart

Sure, basically I want to do:

1) Open a document like this:

2)Search for a part of the document that match with an expression, for example "Celebram entre" and generate a new document with this part in highlight, like this:

Thanks a lot for your help

Best regards

Tiago Vital

Thanks Tiago, I can confirm there is the ability to highlight text internally.  I will look at extending the exposed API to handle this.

Solution

Hi Tiago, I have uploaded a new version that allows you to insert text specifying highlighting, see actions MSWord_InsertFormattedText, MSWord_InsertParagraph and the MSWordText structure.

There is also an action that allows you to search the document and highlight matching text see the MSWord_HighlightText action.

I hope this helps!

Solution

Stuart Harris wrote:

Hi Tiago, I have uploaded a new version that allows you to insert text specifying highlighting, see actions MSWord_InsertFormattedText, MSWord_InsertParagraph and the MSWordText structure.

There is also an action that allows you to search the document and highlight matching text see the MSWord_HighlightText action.

I hope this helps!

Thanks very much Stuart.

Good job.

This new action will be very useful for me.

Best regards

Tiago Vital