Unknown errors in running client actions - "Action to end didn't match to curre..."

Hello,

Since we need offline capabilities, we’re building a mobile application which is intended to run in the browser. Generally, the application is running fine. In some occasions however, we have some problems with one of the client actions. The problem is that the client action seems to take forever to finish.

If this happens during debugging, some additional logging is displayed in the chrome developer tools. Under the network tab, the following log appears repeatedly:
     Name: log?clientTimeInMillis=1552640318498
     Type: xhr
     Initiator: Communication.js:263
     size: 158B
     Time: 40ms                        (more or less)

And under the console tab the following:
     Debugger [2019-03-15T09:08:33.746Z]: Action to end didn't match to current running action. Running action key: '3xPF4KuXAUSsXwkR85lmvw:4ilrp8tCiUGARmY0_t0pEQ', tried to end: '3xPF4KuXAUSsXwkR85lmvw:z2qf6zl9PEqDajb51RccLQ'                   Logger.js:337

We suspect that these loggings have something to do with the issues that we’re facing. Does anyone have an idea where these loggings come from, what they mean, and suggest how we can prevent them?

The application is running on platform version 10.0.708.0.

Thanks in advance.

Hello Sam, how are you?

Is there any additional info on the Monitoring session of Service Center? If possible please also provide a module that we can use to reproduce the error.

Hi Jay,

Thanks for your response!

There are no errors logged in Service Center. In the general log I can see the errors that were displayed under the console tab.

(Debugger [2019-03-15T09:08:33.746Z]: Action to end didn't match to current running action. Running action key: '3xPF4KuXAUSsXwkR85lmvw:4ilrp8tCiUGARmY0_t0pEQ', tried to end: '3xPF4KuXAUSsXwkR85lmvw:z2qf6zl9PEqDajb51RccLQ' )

Unfortunately I cannot share the module in which we experience these errors. And so far I haven't been able to create another module that produces similar errors.

Is there anything else I can do to give you an idea of what is going wrong?

Sam Rijkers wrote:

Hi Jay,

Thanks for your response!

There are no errors logged in Service Center. In the general log I can see the errors that were displayed under the console tab.

(Debugger [2019-03-15T09:08:33.746Z]: Action to end didn't match to current running action. Running action key: '3xPF4KuXAUSsXwkR85lmvw:4ilrp8tCiUGARmY0_t0pEQ', tried to end: '3xPF4KuXAUSsXwkR85lmvw:z2qf6zl9PEqDajb51RccLQ' )

Unfortunately I cannot share the module in which we experience these errors. And so far I haven't been able to create another module that produces similar errors.

Is there anything else I can do to give you an idea of what is going wrong?

Hm... Hard to say... I'd give you two suggestions:

1) Reach out to support - https://www.outsystems.com/SupportPortal/, the usual response time is good (and they're super friendly :))

2) If the client action you've mentioned is too long, try to detect exactly what part of it is causing the issue.

I'm sorry I can help any further... But I'm sure support will help you.

Thanks again, I understand it is hard to understand what is going on without any additional information.

About your second point: there seems not really to be one part of the action that is too long, since it runs as desired in most cases. In addition, when we experience the described behaviour, the action does not seem to stop at the same point every time.

Anyway, thanks for your suggestions so far.