Hi,

I notice the Outsystems UI grids are positioned in the middle of the layout, with lots of room on the left and right sides.  Silk UI in V10 grids occupied the whole page (almost) which we can show lots of information quickly.

Is there a way to customize the Outsystems UI grid, to make wider?

Actually, it depends on the theme you use. Some of the SilkUI themes used only the columns in the center of the screen as well, London theme for instance.

Yes, it is possible to customize the layout of your theme. Take a look at this training material: https://www.slideshare.net/OutSystems/building-a-live-style-guide

Thank you Joao.

I am using the Outsystems UI on version 11, not Silk UI.  At this point, instead of the full style guide route, I just wanted a wider grid.  I thought OS UI might make the customization easier.

The Silk UI Lisbon theme is what we have been used to, but when starting an application in V11 I cannot mix using OS UI and Silk UI - it one of the other.

I could use Silk UI but I lose what is new in V11.

You're right. Totally agree you should go for Outsystems UI, as it's the new standard.

You can customize your theme's CSS in order to have it leveraging the full width of your screen.

The link I sent had a couple hints on how to do to it.

Solution

You can adjust the width very easly without adjusting the theme, on Interface tab click on your App Theme and adjust the grid properties. In your case you want to increase the max width. Your UI will still wil adjust to the actual width.

Solution

No way!  You mean I don't have to create my own template,etc., etc.?

I tried and it works!

Thanks much Daniel.

Larry Mills wrote:

No way!  You mean I don't have to create my own template,etc., etc.?

I tried and it works!

Thanks much Daniel.

not needed if you just want to change the grid properties.