I am new to Outsystems. I am trying to create a simple web app from one of the templates on Outsystems 11. My question is how can I modify the data(record) in the database table of the templates provided.
I am able to view the record but I don't seem to be able to edit it. 

Attached is the screenshot of the table I want to edit the data.

Hi Ilo,

Outsystems has a concept called scaffolding. Just drag the entity two times in the UI flow (Double click the UI flow. It will open as a screen in IDE itself). After dragging two screens will get created. One is detail and the other is list screen. Try to understand from that how Edit screen works and need to be implemented. Please view the below given video for better understanding,
https://www.outsystems.com/learn/lesson/867/scaffolding-and-richwidgets/?LearningPathId=0

Thanks,
Ragul

Hi Ilo,

Sample data is not made for you to change. Is just and example. You should replace that sample data with your application data. you can check this document to learn how to do it.

I also highly recommend that you follow this training.

Regards,

Marcelo

Thanks @Marcelo I will try this out

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi Ilo,

Sample data is not made for you to change. Is just and example. You should replace that sample data with your application data. you can check this document to learn how to do it.

I also highly recommend that you follow this training.

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi Marcelo, I am currently following the steps in the link you shared with me.
Please how do I locate preparation action (mentioned in step 2) in my OutSystems Studio? It says I have to delete the source entries within the aggregates inside preparation actions.

Thanks

Solution

Hi,

You really should follow this training. Read this to understand what preparation is.

Regards,

Marcelo

Solution

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi,

You really should follow this training. Read this to understand what preparation is.

Regards,

Marcelo

Thanks Marcelo, I am already taking the training, I am building an app while taking the training :)