[IdP] IdPConnector (SP) Keystore - password for autogenerated

Forge Component
(37)
Published on 4 Aug by Telmo Martins
37 votes
Published on 4 Aug by Telmo Martins

We are moving from v10 to v11 in a brand new environment.  In our v10 platform, with IdP version from maybe a year ago or so, when we use the autogenerate option for the keystore, it would also give us the password for it in the file name, such as:  autogen_keystore_123456_passwd_P456789

In the latest version of IdP that we've installed in out v11 environment, when I use the autogenerate option, it's not giving us the password.  Instead we get:  autogen_keystore_123456.p12

The password is hashed in the Config_File table, so we can't use that.

How do we obtain the password?

Solution

Hi,

The password is no longer part of the filename, so on the screen it's not displayed. However if you try to download it the provided default filename to save on disk will have the password in it. Let me know if you found another behavior.

Regards

Solution

Telmo Martins wrote:

Hi,

The password is no longer part of the filename, so on the screen it's not displayed. However if you try to download it the provided default filename to save on disk will have the password in it. Let me know if you found another behavior.

Regards

Something must be cached when working on that page, as after you immediately perform an autogeneration, then download, it only produces the filename without the password.  However, after I logged out and back in again, it worked.

Hi Chris,

At least in my end cannot reproduce it. Immediately after a new generation I get the password in the filename when try to download it, no need for logout/login. If it still happens more times on your end let me know.

Regards