Does the tool have a drop-down selection box instead of an 'input'?

Just like :


Hi Chen,

I'm not sure I understand your question. Can you please elaborat?

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Chen,

I'm not sure I understand your question. Can you please elaborat?

The AnimatedLabel tool seems to only work with "Input" and not with drop-down boxes

I want to change "input" to "combo box"


Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Chen,

I'm not sure I understand your question. Can you please elaborat?

If it is a "combo box", it will fail

What Platform version are you using? And is this SilkUI or OutSystemsUI?

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

What Platform version are you using? And is this SilkUI or OutSystemsUI?

Do you know a tool like "AnimatedLabel" which can use "combo box"?

I'm using OutsystemUI.

Thank you. Do you know the answer to this question?


Unfortunately, I haven't used OutSystemsUI yet, so I don't know. I'll ask around though.

Solution

Hi chen.


The AnimatedLabel pattern is not meant to work with the comboBox widget.
For custom labels on the comboBox you should use the following implementation:

and define your CSS customizations for the desired look.


This being said,
using the AnimatedLabel with a comboBox will """work""" if you add the input class to the comboBox and remove the Label from the AnimatedLabel.

Implementation

Result


Although this might be a quick fix, I would recommend the CSS customization for the comboBox, preventing possible errors in your application [because the AnimatedLabel is not compatible by design].


Hope this helps.


Solution

Rui Mendes wrote:

Hi chen.


The AnimatedLabel pattern is not meant to work with the comboBox widget.
For custom labels on the comboBox you should use the following implementation:

and define your CSS customizations for the desired look.


This being said,
using the AnimatedLabel with a comboBox will """work""" if you add the input class to the comboBox and remove the Label from the AnimatedLabel.

Implementation

Result


Although this might be a quick fix, I would recommend the CSS customization for the comboBox, preventing possible errors in your application [because the AnimatedLabel is not compatible by design].


Hope this helps.


Thank you very much.


Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Unfortunately, I haven't used OutSystemsUI yet, so I don't know. I'll ask around though.

Thank you very much


Chen, bear in mind that the only reason this ""works"" is because the AnimatedLabel is applying the CSS rules to the input class that was added to the Combo Box.

Do consider applying a specific class to the Combo Box itself or a parent container and apply the CSS rules to that object.

Cheers

Rui Mendes wrote:

Chen, bear in mind that the only reason this ""works"" is because the AnimatedLabel is applying the CSS rules to the input class that was added to the Combo Box.

Do consider applying a specific class to the Combo Box itself or a parent container and apply the CSS rules to that object.

Cheers


Thank you for your suggestion. I'm doing it now