Functional Architecture Diagram

I am trying to find a simple, overview document showing the deployment architecture for presentation purposes. Is Outsystems a black box into which all messages flow, or are there more components (as I expect)? I want a picture where people can understand how this differs from a standard Java/microo-services deployment, like this:

The key here is simple functionality, with technical complexities removed. 

I am new to Outsystems and have a major presentation on Monday. All assistance gratefully received.

Don Estes wrote:

I am trying to find a simple, overview document showing the deployment architecture for presentation purposes. Is Outsystems a black box into which all messages flow, or are there more components (as I expect)? I want a picture where people can understand how this differs from a standard Java/microo-services deployment, like this:

The key here is simple functionality, with technical complexities removed. 

I am new to Outsystems and have a major presentation on Monday. All assistance gratefully received.

Hi there Don.

You can watch in this course.

Regards,

Carlos Alfradique

Hello Don,

I'll be honest.

If you are new to OutSystems, there is something wrong here...

Maybe you should have started preparing things with more antecedence?

Or maybe you shouldn't have been asked to do a presentation about a technology you don't fully grasp?

Either way, I don't know about such a material, maybe someone does, or the link above proves to be useful?

There are some material in the home page of OutSystems about the platform evaluation. You may be luck?

I really hope you can find what you need... You know, it is almost weekend and this here gets a little slow during weekends...

Good luck!

Cheers

Hi Don,

We cannot compare  java microservice architectures and outsystems architectures as the technology, implementation and tools are totally different. 

Outsystems is built on similar type of microservice architecture, but it has most of components like BPM, DAOs, UI and webservices all pre-built in its platform for us to easily use whenever required.

May be the below link can answer your questions on outsystems architecture: https://success.outsystems.com/Evaluation/Architecture/2_OutSystems_Platform_architecture