After years of absence i just decided to check out if they are any forward going changes with the platform and first thing i noticed is that the personal environment has been heavily limited compared to v9 which i used last. The user management is entirely gone for good. if someone is building a prototype that needs user permission  control over UI and screens, how does it work? Because everything seems to be heavily cut down as supposed to when i used Outsystems last. Finally even the component list is heavily gimped. Looks like a step back 

Hi,

Why do you think it is gone?

Just add /users after your personalisation domain name.

OS11 is many steps forward compared to OS9, I would suggest to do some additional reading about all the features of OS11 before you jump to conclusions.

Regards,

Daniel

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi,

Why do you think it is gone?

Just add /users after your personalisation domain name.

OS11 is many steps forward compared to OS9, I would suggest to do some additional reading about all the features of OS11 before you jump to conclusions.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

We used to have a fullfledged  user management back office in v9. And there is now a hard limit on the Solutions  that can be published. It now a limit of 2. You failed to mention it.

Hi,

I don not have experience with V9, but in V10 and V11 there is a fulfledged user management in the Users espace, You can create users, groups roles, assign roles to groups and users, assign users to groups, change password, set users inactive,etc.

I do not understand your common on hard limit of components that can be published, I have over 50 application in my personal environment and I can publish them all. The limitation in your personal environment is limited to the total space you have. For sure it is a lot higher than 2 components.

Can you show how you experience a limitation of 2 components?

Regards,

Daniel

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi,

I don not have experience with V9, but in V10 and V11 there is a fulfledged user management in the Users espace, You can create users, groups roles, assign roles to groups and users, assign users to groups, change password, set users inactive,etc.

I do not understand your common on hard limit of components that can be published, I have over 50 application in my personal environment and I can publish them all. The limitation in your personal environment is limited to the total space you have. For sure it is a lot higher than 2 components.

Can you show how you experience a limitation of 2 components?

Regards,

Daniel

Thanks for the clarification. But I wasn't  able to locate the user espace in my environment.  Secondly I meant solutions. Not components.  Limit of 2 solutions that can be published.  

https://<yourpersonalenvironmentname>.outsytemscloud.com/users should be the users management application.

Users espace, as it is a systems application, is not visible in list of applications, but you can create dependencies to it and you can clone it if you want to learn how it is developed or if you want to implement your custom user provider module.

Not sure about the limitation on Solutions in personal environment, I have 5 solutions and can publish them all.