Hi

I want to implement search functionality in outsystems. I have a table record which has a variable(of type structure list which has 7 fields) as its source.I want to perform search on that variable only such that it is dynamic(without clicking any button).

How to achieve the functionality? 

are you able to use the onChange-action at the Input item? And get the new result and execute an ajax refresh ?

Solution

Hi Subham,

As Hans suggested on onChange event either go and filter the criteria from entity or if you want to search from that variable use loop and check is your condition match or not from original variable  then take it in another variable and clear main variable and assign searched result to original variable and then refresh the table.

Thanks,

Manish Pandey

Solution

Hi Shubham Agarwal!

You could use input filters to search and in these filters you have to set OnChange Function to refresh a query that populate your table records.

In that query put filters such as:

session.filter1=NullIdentifier or table.attr1=session.filter1

AND

session.filter2="" or table.attr2=session.filter2

I hope it will helps you!

Thanks and Best Regards,

Nuno Pereira

Shubham Agarwal wrote:

Hi

I want to implement search functionality in outsystems. I have a table record which has a variable(of type structure list which has 7 fields) as its source.I want to perform search on that variable only such that it is dynamic(without clicking any button).

How to achieve the functionality? 

Hi Shubham,

In the input, you will locate the "Destination" in Toggle Properties and create a ScreenAction.
Within the created action stream, you will use "Refresh Data" plus "Ajax Refresh" updating the TableRecords or ListRecords created in the screen interface...

Regards