I created a aggregate(Guest),In my aggregate I have 2000 above records, I have to set the search filter for (Name,City,State) ,

Which  is the best way for quick process for searching Name,City,State either concatenating or by searching directly the attribute

SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

Guest.Name like Search + "%" or Guest.City like Search + "%" or Guest.State like Search + "%"

Guest.Concatenate like Search + "%"

Hi JEYASRI R,

Have you tried the below syntax.

Index(text,keyword,ignoreCase:True) > -1

Here the your search keyword (comma separated or with spaces) can have all the parameters and you can user the below filter :

Index(Search,Guest.Name)>-1 or Index(Search.City)>-1 or Index(Search.State)>-1

Hi JEYASRI R,

Seggestion:

greetings.

Hi,

The best option is 

Guest.Name like Search + "%" or Guest.City like Search + "%" or Guest.State like Search + "%"

Concatenate dont bring any improvement.

Index is not good for performance and different filters are join by and's so is not an option.

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi,

This should help you.

Guest.Name like "%"+NameFilter+"%" or Guest.City like "%"+CityFilter+"%" or Guest.State like "%"+StateFilter+"%"

Sravan

JEYASRI R wrote:

I created a aggregate(Guest),In my aggregate I have 2000 above records, I have to set the search filter for (Name,City,State) ,

Which  is the best way for quick process for searching Name,City,State either concatenating or by searching directly the attribute

Guest.Concatenate like Search + "%"

Hi Jeyasri,

I believe that the best way is the one proposed by the OS platform. If you concatenate the fields you can have an extra processing because the user sometimes doesn't make a search. This extra processing will be heavier every time you add another field in your entity and will consume more resources from your server.  

Best regards

Luck

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi,

The best option is 

Concatenate dont bring any improvement.

Index is not good for performance and different filters are join by and's so is not an option.

Regards,

Marcelo

I aggree with Marcelo Ferreira, Better to use the outsystems way.