Unable to show data in downloaded pdf file if kept web screen anonymous

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to download pdf using htmltopdf converter. But if i kept my web screen to anonymous checked, then after downloading pdf file, it does not show the data instead it asks for login details.

Downloaded Pdf:

Please help.

Bhakti Shinde wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to download pdf using htmltopdf converter. But if i kept my web screen to anonymous checked, then after downloading pdf file, it does not show the data instead it asks for login details.

Downloaded Pdf:

Please help.

Hi Bhaki,

Make sure you have some session or user validation in the report screen preparation.

Regards

Eduardo Benites wrote:

Bhakti Shinde wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Downloaded Pdf:

Please help.

Hi Bhaki,

Make sure you have some session or user validation in the report screen preparation.

Regards

Hi Eduardo Benites,

Actually I kept anonymous UNCHECKED and want to download pdf and pdf file should get open without asking login details. Pdf is getting downloaded successfully but it is not showing content and is showing login page. I want to avoid this. What can I do

Shinde,

Even I was facing same issue. I have done some investigation and came to conclusion that we have to keep anonymous checked.

htmltopdf converter don't have authentication option,  so that's the reason you have to make particular action it anonymous.

Sravan Vanteru wrote:

Shinde,

Even I was facing same issue. I have done some investigation and came to conclusion that we have to keep anonymous checked.

htmltopdf converter don't have authentication option,  so that's the reason you have to make particular action it anonymous.

Hi Sravan Vanteru,

Thank you for helpful reply. But for some reason I have to not keep it anonymous. Is there any altenative to htmltopdf converter, i have installed iTextSharp but do not know how to use it. Can you please help with it

Hello Bhakti,

In order to use HtmlToPdf, you HAVE to set your page to anonymous.

Of course you have many different ways of making it more secure, like using a TOKEN as one input parameter, and when you call the converter, you can save it (the token) to a table, and pass it as an input parameter, and in the preparation the page checks if the token is present in the table or raises an exception.

You can also put the page in a flow with Internal Access set to yes, and set the internal access in service center:

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Secure_the_Application/Restrict_Access_to_an_Internal_Network

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Managing_the_Applications_Lifecycle/Secure_the_Applications/Configure_an_Internal_Network

Remember, the executable that will convert the page to html is in the server itself.

Most of the components in Forge will use the same executable, and those that don't in general use paid external services (that need access to the document, anyway...)

Also, remember that as HtmlToPdf uses an external executable, the page will be called in its OWN session, and so will not have access to any session variables (or anything else) from the user calling it.

Cheers.

Solution

Bhakti Shinde wrote:

Eduardo Benites wrote:

Bhakti Shinde wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Downloaded Pdf:

Please help.

Hi Bhaki,

Regards

Hi Eduardo Benites,

Actually I kept anonymous UNCHECKED and want to download pdf and pdf file should get open without asking login details. Pdf is getting downloaded successfully but it is not showing content and is showing login page. I want to avoid this. What can I do

Hi Bhakti,

It is mandatory that the page be anonymous.

Regards

Eduardo

Solution

Eduardo Benites wrote:

Bhakti Shinde wrote:

Eduardo Benites wrote:

Bhakti Shinde wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Downloaded Pdf:

Please help.

Hi Bhaki,

Regards

Hi Eduardo Benites,

Hi Bhakti,

It is mandatory that the page be anonymous.

Regards

Eduardo

Hi Eduardo Benites,

Yes i got this one. 

Thank you!