Show element when a certain value is selected in combo box.

I'm looking to show an element on a webscreen when a user selects a certain value from a select list. Currently, I have the display of that element set to a boolean variable I created (ShowHelp).

On the select list/combo box I have a screen action set that fires onchange, shown below. The conditional contains

BusinessType.Label = "None of these"

But doesn't seem to be firing when that option is selected from the combo box. Any help is appreaciated.

Hi Ryan,

Is your combo box showing a list of BusinessType? the typical pattern is the combobox will assign the Id of the record selected to whichever is its Variable variable.

In that case you'd want to compare Ids, not text (which is by itself a best practice anyways).

If the explanation wasn't clear enough, please provide screenshots of your combobox configuration (and any Aggregate if you are using the Source Record List)

Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi Ryan,

Is your combo box showing a list of BusinessType? the typical pattern is the combobox will assign the Id of the record selected to whichever is its Variable variable.

In that case you'd want to compare Ids, not text (which is by itself a best practice anyways).

If the explanation wasn't clear enough, please provide screenshots of your combobox configuration (and any Aggregate if you are using the Source Record List)

Thanks for the quick reply, Jorge.

Yes the combo box is showing a list of a BusinessType entity

Solution

That's a weird setup you have there, but anyways, with those properties and Entity the condition you need to check on your If for should be:

BusinessType.Id = Entities.BusinessType.None

Solution

Jorge Martins wrote:

That's a weird setup you have there, but anyways, with those properties and Entity the condition you need to check on your If for should be:

BusinessType.Id = Entities.BusinessType.None

Thanks Jorge, that worked! And yeah this is mostly a rough POC for now, so didn't pay much attention variable configuration.