HTTPPost equivalent with binary?

Does anyone know of an extension that provides the equivalent of ardoHTTP's POST but allows binary in the Data?

In other words what we need must support custom headers AND binary in the body of the request.

We CANNOT use OutSystems's REST API.   It will not work with the web service to which we are attempting to connect.

I am attempting to avoid building such an extension ourselves and hoping that someone else has already done it.

The component is useful but it's basically a preprocessor for a REST API request.  What I'm still missing is a POST request that can take a binary payload and does not use the REST API functionality.

Have you tried creating a web page that has an input parameter of binary content. On the preparation of that web page, take the binary content and do whatever you want with it.

Perhaps I'm being dense but I don't see how that helps me.  I am attempting to access a web service.  The web service requires a POST with binary contents.  The Multipart/Form-Data extension mentioned by G. Andrew Duthie above is helpful in that but, unfortunately, it is delivered by a REST API POST request.  

What I am looking for is an HTTP Post request for which I can format the headers, that does not create is own browser session, and which allows binary in the body of the request.

So you are trying to POST a request elsewhere. I missed that in your post, so I thought you were trying to create a way to have something post to you.

I wish.  No, I'm trying to POST to an external web service that requires binary data.  I can't use HTTPRequest because I need to add custom headers.  I can't use ardoHTTP HTTPPost because I need to post binary data.  I can't use REST API because each REST API request takes place within its own browser session and the external web service won't accept that.

Is this possibly a public API that we could test with?

Solution

I have resolved the problem.  I do not entirely understand how it was resolve but it has been resolved.

I started over implementing the request I had been working on, checking each step meticulously.  It works!

Solution

Dave Schuler wrote:

I have resolved the problem.  I do not entirely understand how it was resolve but it has been resolved.

I started over implementing the request I had been working on, checking each step meticulously.  It works!

Would be helpful to others if you could give a short overview of the solution you ended up with. Did you end up using one of the Forge components? Did you end up using REST after all?