[Data Grid] wijmo js license required?

Forge Component
(31)
Published on 6 Nov (8 days ago) by OutSystems R&D
31 votes
Published on 6 Nov (8 days ago) by OutSystems R&D

To use this data grid in application do i need to purchase license of wijmo or outsystems already purchase it? How about if i want to use other components of wijmo. Does this license include all wijmo component?

Solution

Hi Rocky,

Outsystems for sure bought the Commercial OEM/SaaS License this means they can distribute this. If Outsystems decide to distribute other component you will be able to use that otherwise you can use other wijmo component.

Regards,

Marcelo

Solution

Thanks Marcelo :)

Hi Rocky,

Just to further clarify. There's no need to buy any license. The Data Grid  component is ready to use. It is bound to Wijmo's Flexgrid only. If you want to use any other Wijmo component, you'll need to purchase the appropriate license.

Regards,

Ricardo Alves

HI Ricardo ,

If i need progress bar within one column of grid ,do i need to customize Data grid Component or can use Web pattern Progress bar? (Can use web pattern in Data grid?)

Thanks,

Rocky

Four follow up questions on the what the OutSystems wijmo grid licensing covers:

Looking at the wijmo demos, the grid has enterprise options label as ENT.  Hoovering over the ENT text displays the following title:  This is a module which only available on enterprise version

1.  Does the OutSystems license cover the wijmo grid enterprise features.

Also I have two follow up questions to Rocky's question: 

2.  When using the wijmo grid in a non read only mode allows cells to be edited.  When editing a cell, the wijmo grid automatically renders an wijmo input control based on the defined cell type and format of the grid cell. Does the OutSystems license cover this?

3. The wijmo grid allows custom editors to be defined for a cell.  To define a custom editor, the developer has to explicitly create a wijmo input control via JavaScript.  Does the OutSystems license cover this?  

For #3, I have a year column that contains wijmo custom masking, formatting, and validation to ensuring the field has to be 4 digits, is displayed as YYYY, and has a value between 1900 and 2099.  However the default rendered input editor for this column is not inheriting the custom formatting property from the cell and is displaying the year as Y<GroupSeperator>YYY when in wijmo input control.  To correct the issue with the wijmo grid, one has to create a custom editor that mimics what the internal wijmo grid operations do when a cell enters edit mode.

4.  Does the OutSystems license allow the use of wijmo html templates to declarative define and initiate the wijmo grid.

Hi Erik,

Let me go through your questions:

1 - OutSystems Wijmo Grid Licensing only covers the FlexGrid core features. This means that enterprise features, such as MultiRow, FlexSheet and PivotGrid, are not supported.

2 - Can you please clarify this question a little bit? You have full control of what is rendered in each column. So, I'm not sure what your question is.

3 - The current licensing model allows for custom editors to be defined. You can have a look at the Samples component. We have some examples there that show how to achieve this particular use case.

4 - I'm not sure I understood the question. Are you talking about other GrapeCity's JS frameworks? If that's the case, you are licensed to use any Interop libraries that allow FlexGrid to be declared in HTML

Looking forward to hearing back from you,

Ricardo Alves

Ricardo Vaz Alves wrote:

Hi Erik,

Let me go through your questions:

2 - Can you please clarify this question a little bit? You have full control of what is rendered in each column. So, I'm not sure what your question is.

My #2 and #3 are covering some licensing question:  wijmo widgets that are used in the grid via default editors and custom editors.  

Not for my #3, I filled an outsystems support ticket for a bug where a customer editors format property is being overriden or ignored  by the outsystems wijmo wrapper.

Ricardo Vaz Alves wrote:

4 - I'm not sure I understood the question. Are you talking about other GrapeCity's JS frameworks? If that's the case, you are licensed to use any Interop libraries that allow FlexGrid to be declared in HTML

For #4, does the license cover wijmo grid development not using the OS DataGrid component but rather using the licence in a pure "ES6" implementation and/or a WjFlexGridCellTemplate implementation. For screens where the DataGrid is really the "application", non low code development is probably easier and faster that using the OS Wrapper around the wijmo grid.