Error uploading new version of Forge component

Hi guys,

I'm trying to upload a new version of one of my Forge components (this one), but after selecting the OAP files and clicking "Fill Details and Category", I get this error message: There's already another project with the same code.

Do you guys know what causes this?

Hello Aurelio, 

Are you trying to upload a new component, or in that same component, by uploading a version of it? 

I came across this same bug this week when I tried to upload a component, which I already had in the forge.

I hope to help

Hi Bernardo,

As stated in my post, I'm trying to upload a new version of an existing component :)

Aurelio Junior wrote:

Hi Bernardo,

As stated in my post, I'm trying to upload a new version of an existing component :)

Hello Aurelio, 

Yes, but are you trying to upload an update of it as a NEW COMPONENT or just uploading a version of it to your existing COMPONENT? 

This error happened to me when I tried to upload a new component that I had already uploaded in the forge.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "upload an update of it as a NEW COMPONENT". I'm going to my component's main page and then selecting this option:

To help you, I went to do a test with my component, as soon as I published it in my personal area, it already took change in the forge automatically, without me needing to upload a new version.
When I uploaded a new version the same way you did, everything happened ok, I could not make the error simulation, it only occurred when I was creating a new component in the forge, and it already existed.

Solution

In case anyone else stumbles upon this same issue, I was able to fix it with the help of Outsystems. The cause of the problem was that I created a new Application to hold my component. Whenever you upload a new version of a Forge component, a validation is performed to ensure that the UID of the new Application is the same as that of the previous versions. Since I created a new application that received a new UID, this validation failed.

To avoid this issue, simply download the latest version of your component and do your changes on top of that.

Solution