Can we extract DLL and SQL scripts from OutSystems environment

Hi Team,

As a curiosity, can we extract DLL and SQL scripts from OutSystems environment to run it on independent IIS and MSSQL server. (This is general question and not related to personal environment)

There can be situation when some customer wants on premise setup with no third party managing the code. For those customer, can we extract DLL and run SQL script in their system? 

Please note: Detaching code is not a solution for me. Above case can be for few of many customers. For other's, code can be up and running in OutSystems environments. 

Thanks.

Regards,

Umesh

Hi Umesh Patel,

As per my knowledge Yes you can, As per OutSystems licence, terms and agreements, You  can only deploy things to cloud. In case if you want DLL and SQL Scripts related to project then you need break agreement and get the code and scripts

Then on words you can't come back to OutSystems for that particular project. Need to maintain it like normal .NET application.

Sravan

Thanks Sravan for reply. But, as i mentioned, this can be isolated case where we may need to extract DLL and SQL for few of our customer but other can continue on OutSystems. Detach is not a solution for me.

Hi Umesh Patel,

I don't think we can have option like that, This is something OutSystems people can answer. Since you have licence of OutSystems you should have specific contact person from OutSystems for any issues. My suggestion is to contact that particular person, you will get perfect solution. 

Sravan

Sure Sravan.

Thanks,

Umesh

What you can have is an on-premises infrastructure.

You can have a hybrid license with servers in the cloud and others on-premises. You can deploy the code to both.

Your client will have the apps on their servers, but development is still done in OS.

It is stated in the site under Pricing and Editions.

Thanks Nuno. Appreciate it.

Regards,

Umesh