How can I import a dll file to outsystems platform server?

I have a custom .dll file and outsystems platform server on my own VM on the cloud, and I want to import it to start using its methods in my applications in outsystems.

Is it doable? 

Hi Mohamed,

You should be able to achieve this by creating an extension that works as a wrapper for your custom .dll. So you'd create a new extension, which is basically a .NET assembly, and from that assembly you'd reference your custom .dll and call its methods. More details on how to work with extensions here.

Aurelio Junior wrote:

Hi Mohamed,

You should be able to achieve this by creating an extension that works as a wrapper for your custom .dll. So you'd create a new extension, which is basically a .NET assembly, and from that assembly you'd reference your custom .dll and call its methods. More details on how to work with extensions here.

Hi Aurelio,

Yes, I am aware of that, but does it also work on the server version of Outsystems, because I believe that Integeration Studion can be only installed as a client version on the development machine, not the server version!

Yes, you install Integration Studio on your development machine. But once you publish your extension, it goes to your OS server, exactly the same way as when you publish your applications through Service Studio. You don't need any additional installation on the server to be able to publish and use extensions.

Aurelio Junior wrote:

Yes, you install Integration Studio on your development machine. But once you publish your extension, it goes to your OS server, exactly the same way as when you publish your applications through Service Studio. You don't need any additional installation on the server to be able to publish and use extensions.

Okay, thanks.
That makes a lot of sense :)