How to programmatically replace "Created by" in bulk?

When you create an object in OutSystems, your name will be shown within the "Created by" entry.

We have moved an module from one environment to another environment.

In the new environment we want, the name to be overwritten with an default name.

Copy and paste all objects is not the solution I'm searching for.

Is this possible programmatically in bulk, and if yes, how ;-)

Hi Erwin,

I think it's not possible.
In my opinion, OutSystems stores that information in OML BLOB which stored in the database encrypted.

With best regards,
Ferhat

Are you on-prem or in the OutSystems Cloud? If the former, you should be able to query the platform database directly. That may be the only way to update this value, as it's exposed in the System module via the Application entity, but that entity is read-only.

I would strongly caution you, however, that since the entity is read-only, there's probably a good reason for that, and you should be very cautious in updating it.

Solution

The easiest way is to copy the entities and the serveractions.

So first copy an entitiy to a new entity with a different name, then delete the old one, and rename the new entity to the original name. Then there are no errors in the module and the references stay the same.

Same goes for serveractions.

The ER diagram has to be designed again.

Solution

Marlies Quaadgras wrote:

The easiest way is to copy the entities and the serveractions.

So first copy an entitiy to a new entity with a different name, then delete the old one, and rename the new entity to the original name. Then there are no errors in the module and the references stay the same.

Same goes for serveractions.

The ER diagram has to be designed again.

Hi Marlies,

I just copied some entities and serveractions. After that I dropped the original ones and renemad the new ones to the original name ... that did the trick! Some observations:

• Copy the entity, will also copy the attributes
  • Copy a static entity also copies the records. Note that all my entities didn't contain any data, so this doesn't break the referential integrity.
  • I had to redraw the ER-diagram, but that was a piece of cake

Thanks!