Error external database: Login failed for user

I'm trying to connect to an external database. In the service studio the database connection string is succesful.

However, when I try to load my app, I get the following error: 

Login failed for user 'xxx' with the following stack:

With the last row:   at ssxxx.Flows.FlowCommon.ExceptionHandler.HandleException(LocalState& flowState (xxx = appname that tries to access the database)

I've tried whitelisting several IP adresses in the database, however, these didn't seem to work.

I have a hard time figuring out what this error could mean besides simply that the database is not letting outsystems in. Is it possible that I have to configure outsystems to open up some ports? Or is this something that will purely be in the database config?

Hi,

the error message is hard to see, It looks like from the allowCreate message that you might not have the full permissions on the database for the user.

Hi rob knipscheer,

While doing connection test in service center it will just checks weather its reachable or not, but while trying to access particular resource from database you might face this due to permission ( As Levine mentioned ).

Worth checking user access level.

Sravan

Sravan Vanteru wrote:

Hi rob knipscheer,

While doing connection test in service center it will just checks weather its reachable or not, but while trying to access particular resource from database you might face this due to permission ( As Levine mentioned ).

Worth checking user access level.

Sravan

Thank you very much, I will try with our database manager. I had a hard time reading this error code, thank you for clearing this up for me.