Site Property Conflicts with "Site" Entity In Aggregates

I was querying an entity named "Site" inside my aggregate and at the same time in the aggregate filter I was referencing one of the site properties. 

The "Site" entity is having a naming conflict with Site property. Site property option got overridden by "Site" Entity and disappeared from the scope: 

Are site entity inside this eSpace? if not you have to guarantee that you have the check box checked in dependencies. If the problem persists, make a ticket to Outsystems.

Thank You and Best Regards,

Nuno Pereira

Hi Chiang,

That is a known restriction of Outsystems. Since on the aggregate you are using an entity Site and you will refer to it as site.<something> is impossible to use site properties because Outsystems wouldn't know which one is which. There other cases when this happen. For example with variables with the same name as entities.

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi Chuang Ban,

I was facing same issue long back, this is restriction of OutSystems as Ferreira mentioned, only way you can avoid or solve this by renaming you entity ( Site )

Sravan

Sravan Vanteru wrote:

Hi Chuang Ban,

I was facing same issue long back, this is restriction of OutSystems as Ferreira mentioned, only way you can avoid or solve this by renaming you entity ( Site )

Sravan

Thanks Sravan Vanteru and Marcelo Ferreira. Unfortunately I cannot change the entity name since it's a core module which will cause too much trouble updating the dependencies. But I found a walk around to copy the site property into a local variable right before the aggregate. Not a big issue but good to know that you guys are aware.

Chuang

Solution

Hello Chuang,

Your workaround works, but there is another one that may be easier.
You can give an alias to an entity inside an Aggregate. To do that, just click in the Entity Name in the Source tab of the aggregate, and give it a different name. From now on, inside the aggregate, the new name will be used.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Solution

Thanks Eduardo! Awesome solution, good to know!

Chuang

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Chuang,

Your workaround works, but there is another one that may be easier.
You can give an alias to an entity inside an Aggregate. To do that, just click in the Entity Name in the Source tab of the aggregate, and give it a different name. From now on, inside the aggregate, the new name will be used.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.