Hi,

I am trying to import entity using excel for a mobile application.

Following is the content of the file:

But after Import, I am only able to see one column that is Name in the entity as seen in the following screenshot:

I am not able to understand why. Please Help. Is it something that I am missing?

Best Regards,

Rushabh Shah

Hello Rushabh.

That functionality is to import Structure and Data for Entites.

The first row is field name, the remaining rows are the records.

In your example, Name is considered a column name and the rest is the column content.

Write them all along row 1. That way it will have fields, but no data.

When importing from Excel, the name of the Tab = the entity name, the name of the column is the attribute name. You have only one column to only one attribute. 

Nuno Reis wrote:

Hello Rushabh.

That functionality is to import Structure and Data for Entites.

The first row is field name, the remaining rows are the records.

In your example, Name is considered a column name and the rest is the column content.

Write them all along row 1. That way it will have fields, but no data.

Hi Nuno,

As per your response, I tried using file with following content:

For this file, I am getting this error:

Then, I tried to upload file with a single record:

Now, this creates all the attributes, with a single record. But without any record, it throws up that error as seen in screenshot above.

Best Regards,

Rushabh Shah

Solution

Well, so it only works with Columns names and data.

Makes sense because, otherwise, creating an empty Excel and importing it is slower than creating the Entity manually.

Solution

Absolutely, Nuno!

I was just following the instructions in mobile app development course and found this.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Rushabh Shah

@Nuno: without any data, the Platform cannot know the data types, which is I think the main reason for not allowing data-less column-only Excels to be uploaded.