Hi,

How can i translate the dynamic form content using multilingual locales.

Hi,

You can check this video available in the Learn.

Hi Ronan T,

you can go through this video.

Hope this will help. 

Regards

Pratham

Hi Ronan T!

You have 3 options to implement Multilanguage.

1- translate directly from Outsystems Translations Menu. 

In Data tab/right click on Multilingual Locales/Add Locale. Add a locale that you want.

In Data tab/right click on Multilingual Locales/Edit Translations:

Set your translations.

2-Exporting an Excel File Template (in Data tab /Multilingual Locale /Export Language Resources to Excel)

and change them to import them into Outsystems, again (in Data tab /Multilingual Locale /Export Language Resources to Excel)

3-Adding a table between Locale Table and a table of your database that you need to translate, doing a N to M relation between this 2 tables.

This table have Id, LocaleId, Table1Id (identifier of table that you want to translate) and Translation.

Use GetCurrentLocale() function to know what the current Locale you have in session, to search in these tables and translate your table1 records based in creation records in your intermediate table through  the table1Id, and the current localeId attributes.

See more here:

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/695/how-to-build-an-app-with-multilingual-support

I hope it will helps you!

Thanks and Best Regards,

Nuno Pereira

Hi Pratham /Nuno Rolo,

Will this translate for dynamic content also.

Thanks,

Ronan T.

Ronan,

By dynamic you mean information that's in the database such as labels, names and descriptions right?

The Static Entities are available in the multilanguage translations, for the other entities you need to have an auxiliary entity just for translation purposes.

Hi Ronan T,

Is dynamic content refer to data from Database?

if yes, How to change dynamic text (Multilingual) this may help you

Regards

Pratham

Pratham wrote:

Hi Ronan T,

Is dynamic content refer to data from Database?

if yes, How to change dynamic text (Multilingual) this may help you

Regards

Pratham

Hi,

The dynamic content is not translating,although i have followed the same procedure.

Solution

Ronan,

You still didn't specify what you mean by "dynamic content", even though about three people have asked you. If you want an answer to your questions, please read the answers and provide the details asked!

In case you mean "content that is stored in the database" (as multiple people have assumed), how can that be translated? Who would supply the translations? The translations must also be in the database! Of they are, then you need to write the right code to extract them. There is no standardized or out-of-the-box way in OutSystems to deal with translations other than static text and Static Entities.

Solution

Nuno Gonçalo Pereira wrote:

Hi Ronan T!

You have 3 options to implement Multilanguage.

1- translate directly from Outsystems Translations Menu. 

In Data tab/right click on Multilingual Locales/Add Locale. Add a locale that you want.

In Data tab/right click on Multilingual Locales/Edit Translations:

Set your translations.

2-Exporting an Excel File Template (in Data tab /Multilingual Locale /Export Language Resources to Excel)

and change them to import them into Outsystems, again (in Data tab /Multilingual Locale /Export Language Resources to Excel)

3-Adding a table between Locale Table and a table of your database that you need to translate, doing a N to M relation between this 2 tables.

This table have Id, LocaleId, Table1Id (identifier of table that you want to translate) and Translation.

Use GetCurrentLocale() function to know what the current Locale you have in session, to search in these tables and translate your table1 records based in creation records in your intermediate table through  the table1Id, and the current localeId attributes.

See more here:

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/695/how-to-build-an-app-with-multilingual-support

I hope it will helps you!

Thanks and Best Regards,

Nuno Pereira

Hi Nuno!

How do i find the MULTILINGAL LOCALES at my environment? Do i need to install something? Can you help me to understand please?

Best regars,

Leo Marques.

Hi Leo,

In P10, it's on the Interface tab, in P11 on the Data tab.

Also, please don't quote large posts, thank you!

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Leo,

Hi Kilian, 

What is P10 and P11? Is it the Outsystems versions?

also, sorry!

Yes, Pnn is used on the forum (and elsewhere) to refer to OutSystems version nn, so P10 is OutSystems 10, P11 is OutSystems 11 (P is for "Platform").

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Yes, Pnn is used on the forum (and elsewhere) to refer to OutSystems version nn, so P10 is OutSystems 10, P11 is OutSystems 11 (P is for "Platform").

I do not know what's going on. I'm using the P11 already, and i can't find the Multilingual Locales folder. Do i need to get something for the manage dependencies? Do you have any clue what it's going on?

Hi Leonardo,

It's only available for web apps, not for mobile.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Leonardo,

It's only available for web apps, not for mobile.

Hi Kilian, 

I was trying to use for my mobile project, now that makes sense. 

Thank you so much Kilian!

Best regards, 

Leo Marques.

Unfortunately it doesn't work for mobile. There's the OutSystems supported Multilingual Mobile Component in the Forge you could take a look at, but it's not that easy to use.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Unfortunately it doesn't work for mobile. There's the OutSystems supported Multilingual Mobile Component in the Forge you could take a look at, but it's not that easy to use.

Thank you Kilian!

You were very helful!

Best regards,

Leo Marques.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Leo,

Hi Kilian, 

Using the Muntilingual Locales Folder, do i need to translate everything? I mean, do i need to do all the hand work or the Outsystems can do for me? 

i am asking that because the espace tha shoud have the translation is empty has you see in the file.

Hi Leonardo,

Everything that's not marked as "Translate" doesn't get translated (even if it has a translation). Everything that's marked as "Translate" but doesn't have a translation is also not translated (so keeps the original text).

Note that in the Module menu, Export submenu, there's a "Language Resources to Excel" option that allows you to export all translatable text to an Excel file, which may help speed up the translation process (especially if you have a lot of same text to translate).

Hi

I am working with Outsystems Translations Menu.

I did translations to Spanish, but now, my link with Spanish flag just translate Headers. what can I do to translate everything?

Hi Miguel,

What do you mean with "everything"? What kind of labels or data do you want to translate?

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Miguel,

What do you mean with "everything"? What kind of labels or data do you want to translate?

Thanks for help

My link with flags is on Header. And everything in that header is being translated.

But I want translate everything else. menu text, text, graphics tex...
In link definitions, I have a run server action with just a SetCurrentLocale.

Hi Miguel,

You need to translate the menu etc. as well. Presumably, they are inside their own Module, so you need to open that Module and translate everything there as well.

Hi Kilian

I translated everything in "Multilingual Locales".

the flag to translate is on webBlock (Header). This WebBlock is the header os the whole website. When I press flag, just translate words inside Header. Everything outside from Header isn't transalated, even If it is translated in "Multilingual Locales"

I followed this WebSite: https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Design_UI/Multilingual_UI/Multilingual_Web_Applications#Add_Other_Languages

Hi Miguel,

For the entire site to be translated, you need to refresh or reload everything. For example, you could end the Screen Action setting the locale with an ExternalURL, redirecting to the URL you get with the GetBookmarkableUrl() Function.