Showing text as Eg: 8.2m instead of 8000xxx

Team,

Quick help. I am trying to show data in million and not the entire zero's. Any idea on which function to use? The problem is, sometimes, the value could be more or sometimes less. 

It would be helpful if you could provide more information.

Are you looking for something that's purely for formatting on-screen? That is, are you wanting to modify the text permanently, or take a given number and format it differently?

What are the possible range of values?

If the value is under one million, do you want it to display differently (i.e. over one million displays as X.Xm, while under displays as standard notation with separators)?

G. Andrew Duthie wrote:

It would be helpful if you could provide more information.

Are you looking for something that's purely for formatting on-screen? That is, are you wanting to modify the text permanently, or take a given number and format it differently?

What are the possible range of values?

If the value is under one million, do you want it to display differently (i.e. over one million displays as X.Xm, while under displays as standard notation with separators)?

Just the formatting. 

Essentially, my values could vary from 0 to 100,000,000 and I'd like to show it as 0 to 100m

Below one million would be 0.01m as an example. 

Solution

Hi,

What we did in a project was to create a currency format action and if the value received was less than Million we would return for example 543,000 if the value was above 1 million we would start showing it as 54M and above  one billion the same thing. Said that you just need to create your own action and implement the rules that you want.

Regards,

Marcelo

Solution