SAP Connection with Logon Groups

I have been tasked with moving all our connections to SAP through a logon group. A logon group is 

an SAP construct that allows for load balancing. 

https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SI/ABAP+Logon+Group+based+Load+Balancing

Is there anyway to include this in the OutSystems SAP connector?  I

You should be able to leverage the SAP Utilities component to implement this.

I'm working on getting some additional info, and will follow up with what I can find.

Great in the meantime I will download that component and take a look.

Is there any news about the logon groups for the load balancing?

No, I was unable to find anything and Andrew Duthie never got back to me.

Tony Calcagni wrote:

No, I was unable to find anything and Andrew Duthie never got back to me.

Hi Tony,

we were able to use the logon groups. You can read how at https://medium.com/productleague/how-to-connect-to-sap-using-logon-groups-load-balancer-in-outsystems-3b83abb68e82

With regards,

Daan

We have the same issue and included set connection login group with the four parameters as mentioned. But the connection details are still taken from service center integration section. How can we use the customised connection from service studio ? 

Aruna Namadev wrote:

We have the same issue and included set connection login group with the four parameters as mentioned. But the connection details are still taken from service center integration section. How can we use the customised connection from service studio ? 

We have created site properties for the needed parameters, MessageServerHost, MessageServerService, SystemID and LogonGroup. In the OnBeforeConnection those are used to make the connection.

We also have a site property to control if we want to use the message server and we have some extra logging in the extension we also control with a site property.

Regards,

Daan

Daan van Hoeke wrote:

Aruna Namadev wrote:

We have created site properties for the needed parameters, MessageServerHost, MessageServerService, SystemID and LogonGroup. In the OnBeforeConnection those are used to make the connection.

We also have a site property to control if we want to use the message server and we have some extra logging in the extension we also control with a site property.

Regards,

Daan

Hi Daan, 

We are getting the error SAP gateway on host  <<our host name >> error : ‘gateway not connected to local R/3’ after using the OnBeforeConnection 

Aruna Namadev wrote:

Daan van Hoeke wrote:

Aruna Namadev wrote:

Regards,

Daan

Hi Daan, 

We are getting the error SAP gateway on host  <<our host name >> error : ‘gateway not connected to local R/3’ after using the OnBeforeConnection 

Hi Aruna,

I think that is a (configuration) problem on the SAP side.
https://www.stechies.com/error-gateway-not-connected-local-r3/

Regards,

Daan

Daan van Hoeke wrote:

Aruna Namadev wrote:

Daan van Hoeke wrote:

Aruna Namadev wrote:

Regards,

Daan

Hi Daan, 

hi dann , 

all these while we were connecting to sap standalone sever it was working fine. Because of some issue, we are using load balancer sever. After which we got the above error. 

Hi Aruna,

I think that is a (configuration) problem on the SAP side.
https://www.stechies.com/error-gateway-not-connected-local-r3/

Regards,

Daan

Hi Everyone,

We are getting the same issue while connecting to the SAP through Logon Group. implemented in a same way.

Does anyone know the solution Please?

Error : ‘gateway not connected to local R/3’.

Thanks

Rajendra Singh