Hi.

I’m a Brazilian developer stating with Outsystems and I'm facing a problem here. Could you help me?

This is my scenario:

We’re developing a web app on our LAN and some users will access it, using na anonimous user (according on OutSystem point of view).

My doubt is how identify the “real” user. Is it possible? Can I use the AD to identify the user (all users need to perform a login on our LAN)? Could you help me how it caould be done? Thank you.

The user needs to login to the application in order to be identified. There are lots of ways to do the authentication, including your AD integration, but they still need to login

Stacey Levine wrote:

Hi.

Thank you for you response.

Well, I'm a bit confused. To use the web application, made with Outsystems, an user, has previously logged on our LAN. That's okay. Now the system knows who is on the computer.

Inside the web application I need to identify "who" is the user that is logged on the system (not on Outsystems, where the access wil be anonimous).

In other words: suppose we have 10 users logged on our lan. Each computer knows who is on each computer. These 10 users start to use the web application at the same time. I think it is not necessary for users to log in again to use this application. Bear in mind that the acess to app will be anonimous. Can I get the user directly from the system?

Here is the key question: how can I recover the logged-in user on the system to use it on the application? Suppose that our Outsystems environment is synchronized with our AD.).

I appreciate your help.

Best Regards.

The web application does not know who is logged into your computer. It is possible to do it with integrated authentication. There are a number of articles on the OutSystems site that gives information. Here is a place to start: https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Secure_the_Application/End-User_Management/End-User_Authentication/Integrated_Authentication

Stacey Levine wrote:

I'll search. Thank you very much for your help.

Hi José Carlos Caldas Bárbolo,

I don't think you will get domain user details from out systems platform, you need to create extension and use it in in your application.

Sravan

Hello José,

Why do you expect the users to use the application anonymously?

Without being logged in the application, the application can't enforce security rules, and you loses the ability to use the full potential of the platform. 

If the problem is just to avoid the user to have to login "again", Stacey provided you with links to different methods of login, like using integrated authentication, where the user, if logged in your networks, will be logged in using these credentials when accessing the app. 

But this will create an OutSystems user, so that the roles will be provided to the user and the platform will deal with the user normally.

Cheers

Ok, thank you for your help.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello José,

Why do you expect the users to use the application anonymously?

Without being logged in the application, the application can't enforce security rules, and you loses the ability to use the full potential of the platform. 

If the problem is just to avoid the user to have to login "again", Stacey provided you with links to different methods of login, like using integrated authentication, where the user, if logged in your networks, will be logged in using these credentials when accessing the app. 

But this will create an OutSystems user, so that the roles will be provided to the user and the platform will deal with the user normally.

Cheers

Ok, thank you for your help.