Views
Comments
[SSL Pinning Plugin] Support for Blob URLs
Question
Forge component by OutSystems R&D

Hi all, 

I understand from the documentation that blob URLs are not supported at the moment. 

Unfortunately, I have a requirement in my app to support a third party plugin that uses blob URL. 

I'll like to ask 2 things. 

- Is the lack of support for blob URLs a technical limitation or its just not yet developed?

- Is there any workarounds for now?

Any help is very much appreciated. 

Stephen Yeo wrote:

Hi all, 

I understand from the documentation that blob URLs are not supported at the moment. 

Unfortunately, I have a requirement in my app to support a third party plugin that uses blob URL. 

I'll like to ask 2 things. 

- Is the lack of support for blob URLs a technical limitation or its just not yet developed?

- Is there any workarounds for now?

Any help is very much appreciated. 

Hi Stephen, 

Sorry for the delay in the answer. 

Regarding your questions: 

Yes, it is a technical limitation with the current solution for Android. iOS should work fine. It's in our radar to review this limitation but for now, I can't provide an estimate. 

Thanks.

Any updates on whether handling blob objects will be supported on Android devices with SSL Pinning enabled? 

Hello Daan, 

The SSL Pinning version 6.0.0 should already support blob objects for devices running Android 7 or onwards. There is no support for the previous versions, and we do not have plans to support it due to limitations on Android SDK for SSL Pinning. 

Best regards,

Vitor

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.