[OneSignal Plugin] OneSignalOnNotificationReceived and OneSignalOnNotificationOpened not working on IOS

Forge Component
(13)
Published on 18 Jan by OutSystems R&D
13 votes
Published on 18 Jan by OutSystems R&D

Please help.

OneSignalOnNotificationReceived and OneSignalOnNotificationOpened not working on IOS, but working on Android.

After debugging using Outsystems, those 2 action is never called on IOS.

Any idea to fix this ?

Hi,

Refer the solution by Carlos Simões

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, guys,

I have been tackling this case with Matthias and have a suggestion that might make sense for people who are also having trouble getting the 'Received' and 'Opened' events to trigger: try placing the block on the 'Layout' inside a container, instead of a placeholder, like an example below:

Don't forget to use the 'Register' action to enable your device to actually receive the notifications. I recommend calling it on the 'Ready' event handler of the Layout block, so it's initialized on every screen.

-----------------------------------------------------------

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/25873/onesignalonnotificationopened-is-not-triggered/

Hope it helps,

thanks

assif_tiger wrote:

Hi,

Refer the solution by Carlos Simões

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, guys,

I have been tackling this case with Matthias and have a suggestion that might make sense for people who are also having trouble getting the 'Received' and 'Opened' events to trigger: try placing the block on the 'Layout' inside a container, instead of a placeholder, like an example below:

Don't forget to use the 'Register' action to enable your device to actually receive the notifications. I recommend calling it on the 'Ready' event handler of the Layout block, so it's initialized on every screen.

-----------------------------------------------------------

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/25873/onesignalonnotificationopened-is-not-triggered/

Hope it helps,

thanks

Thanks assif, but we already use that and it still not work.

Did you refer the last answer posted on the same.

assif_tiger wrote:

Did you refer the last answer posted on the same.

Yes, already done that

Toto wrote:

Please help.

OneSignalOnNotificationReceived and OneSignalOnNotificationOpened not working on IOS, but working on Android.

Any idea to fix this ?

Hii,

I have some tips, hope it helps!

• Did you generate the app with the right Apple Push Services certificate?
  • If yes, can you register with any iOS device? Did you try to send a push notification from the website (OneSignal) dashboard? Is there any error?
  • If there's no errors, can you share how are you sending the notifications? (like which action are you using, which parameters...)

Cheers!

Inês Sousa wrote:

Toto wrote:

Please help.

Any idea to fix this ?

Hii,

I have some tips, hope it helps!

• Did you generate the app with the right Apple Push Services certificate?
  • If yes, can you register with any iOS device? Did you try to send a push notification from the website (OneSignal) dashboard? Is there any error?
  • If there's no errors, can you share how are you sending the notifications? (like which action are you using, which parameters...)

Cheers!

Hi,

1. Yes we already user the correct Apple Push Service Certificate

2. Yes we can register with any IOS device. Notification is received, the problem is onNotificationOpen and onNotificationReceived is not running, the notification itself is received by the IOS devices

3. We user the server action from the plugin, sendToUserId. 

NB : the problem is not receiving notification, but onNotificationOpen and onNotificationReceived is not work.

Thanks