Hi,

I have my database in Oracle server. I want to migrate all the data from Oracle to OutSystems provided database. I don't want to use integration wizard and connect, since I have to delete the Oracle server post migration. Can anyone please suggest a method to do so.

Hello Sumeth, 

Other than paid options, you can download your data using any tool you want and make yourself an import tool using OutSystems. 

If your server is an O Premises, and you have access to the database, you can try to see if there are any free tools available in the wild... 

Remember that you will have to create the entities inside an OutSystems app before moving data, or it will become very hard to make OutSystems aware of them After it. 

Let's see if someone with more hands on experience on this has an alternative. 

Cheers. 

I tried with Refactor (OutSystems Forge). The data is not copied to target eSpace. I debugged the code and no error occurred during the process. Can anyone help me with this. 

Also suggest me if any other application is available in OutSystems Forge for migration.

Hi Sumeth,

How did you implement the solution using Refactor?

Cheers

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi Sumeth,

How did you implement the solution using Refactor?

Cheers

Hi Jauch,

Refactor is available in Forge. The steps are described in the application.

Regards
Sumeth

Yeah, I know. 

I'm interested in hear from you what steps you did, to check if you did as recommended or if you missed something. Sometimes this happens and enumerating the steps we took helps us check this. 

Cheers

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Yeah, I know. 

I'm interested in hear from you what steps you did, to check if you did as recommended or if you missed something. Sometimes this happens and enumerating the steps we took helps us check this. 

Cheers

Step 1: Copy & Paste the Entity definitions of the <Source Extension> to the <Target eSpace>

Step 2: In <Target eSpace>, set the entities public and "Expose Read Only=No"

Step 3: Publish the target eSpace

Step 4: In eSpace Refactor.oml, for each converted Entity, add a call to action Entity_Convert inside action OnPublish, with the names of the entity, <Source Extension> and <Target eSpace>

Step 5: Publish Refactor.oml

Step 6: In ServiceCenter, publish the <Target eSpace>