In v11, I'm trying to use the Animate pattern. It appears very simple to use and implement, however, when I publish, the animation does not occur.

This is how I have it setup.

For now, I'm just trying to animate a text expression.

I even tried implementing the ToggleAnimate action.

Is there a basic setup item that I'm missing? 

This is for a Web page/application, not mobile.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Jeff,

You seem to be using the OutSystems UI Utilities\Animate web block, right? Have you placed your text inside the web blocks' PlaceHolder? Here's a working example, attached.

Should be working fine, unless you barely noticed the animation after the screen loaded: if that is the case, just pass a value to the Delay parameter (e.g. 2000 for 2,000 milliseconds), the time to wait before the animation starts.

Cheers!

Pedro,
Thanks for your quick reply and the sample code. 

For some reason my text app/web page just isn't working. I set Speed=Slow and added the delay but still no movement. I've attached my very simple webpage.

Also, with the "leaveanimation" set to "Leave Top", I expected the text to disappear out of the top. Is that not how this animate pattern works?

Thank you again!

Jeff W.

Hi Jeff Williams,

You are missing theme for this module.

Regards

Pratham

Pratham,

Thanks for the clarification.

I added the theme and was able to get the animation going.

I'm curious, there is a "LeaveAnimation" setting but the pattern doesn't seem to use it. When I have it set to "LeaveFade", for example, I was expecting the text to disappear via Fade. Nothing happens, even if I just have the LeaveAnimation setting filled in.

Hi Jeff,

The LeaveAnimation only works when the ToggleAnimate Action is triggered

Regards

Pratham wrote:

Hi Jeff Williams,

You are missing theme for this module.

Regards

Pratham

Pratham,
My applicaiton already has a customized theme that I have to use for fonts, menys, layouts, etc.

I have included the BaseTheme as a dependency in my application but are you saying to get animation to work, it has to be the default theme of the module?

Thanks!

Jeff W.