Hi Outsystems community!

I'm trying to implement a countdown timer (just need to count minutes) that keeps working even if the user changes the screen. The timers I found in the forge do not work if the user changes the screen or performs another action because these actions will restart the timer.  

Does anyone have an example of a timer that works under these conditions or know the solution for this problem?

Kind regards,

André

Put the timer in a webblock and add that webblock to either the common header or footer of your module

Seth wrote:

Put the timer in a webblock and add that webblock to either the common header or footer of your module

Already Andre mention :

[Mobile] Countdown timer.

It's Mobile not a Web... so not possible to use the Wbeblock Implementation here.

regards,

Assif

assif_tiger wrote:

Hi Andre,

Try below component:

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/3243/countdown-mobile

Cheers,

Assif

Thank you both!

I've already tried this component. 

The thing is: when I go to another screen (when the timer is running), if I go back to the screen where the timer is, the countdown will restart. And I want to run the timer till the end even if I navigate through the app!

Someone know how to solve this problem?

The only thing that i can remember is to have the counter even if hidden in all pages, and having the deadline time passed throug all the pages, OnInitialize event of the first page if the deadline of the time isnt setted, you may set it