Why was the static entity record's id fed to attribute X instead of the static entity

I have an entity with attribute X, and a static entity with records to populate attribute X in the first entity. In a form, I have a dropdown (with values from the static entity) that will feed the chosen value to attribute X.

Why was the static entity record's id fed to attribute X instead of the static entity record's value? I believe I set the "source record list" and "source attribute" correctly.

Hi YS Yeo,

You can change the atribute Salutation of Aplications Entity to SalutationId of the type Salutations Identifier, and you can set directly from the form. 

Br

Solution

Hi YS,

This is automatic with Static Entities.
You can notice that the Source Attribute is the attribute that will be used as the source to the label in the list, not as the source to be stored in the variable.

And that is the reason why you have a warning in the configuration, that is the fact that it is expecting an Identifier as the data type for the variable, not a record.

It will not work as you want (Never I think).

Store the ID and later use this to find the data you need.

Cheers.

Solution

Source Attribute is the value you want to display in the dropdown list. It is always the identifier which is stored in the variable properties.

If you want to display the selected value, you may consider to keep the identifier and attribute same in your static entity.

Hi, if you only want the label, using the GetSalutations entity action will be faster, as this action is cached for static entities. 

Like Eduardo said, there is no need to create another aggregate. You already have first aggregate which could be utilized in this case.