I want to display an icon in a table records widget and don't know how.

The entity displayed will have one entity attribute of type Identifier for a static entity. The entity is Log. The entity attribute is LogType Identifier.  There are four records in the static entity. The labels are Risk, Issue, Action, and Decision. I want to associate an icon with each and display the icons in place of the labels in the table records widget.

I tried adding an entity attribute to the static entity (LogType), of binary data type, thinking this would hold an icon and I could display it. But, I don't see how to add an icon.

Any help would be appreciated.

Solution

Hi Bill,

Please find the sampleOML for your problem u can check and get some idea.

Hope it helps...

Regards,

Shoeb

Solution

Works like a charm. Thanks.

However, I was a bit too liberal in my use of the term "icon." Apologies to those who helped.

I want to use an image in the same way an icon is typically used, to indicate visually what type of log is represented. I still believe a "binary data " data type is the right choice. But when I try to load the attribute an empty box is displayed and I cannot tell what to do with it.

Hi Bill,

PFA Sample OML with image. bcoz u are talking about static table so you would have certain image for corresponding records.

please check solution and let me know if you need any assistance..

Regards,

Shoeb

Forgive my learning curve here. I am confused.

when I look at the image you have in the table records widget, Type selected is static. I expected database. But, I followed your example and got the image selected for every record instead of the image indicated by the static entity record ("/espace/img/filename").

I tried setting Type to database. Then the image widget seemed to want both a binary data attribute and a text attribute to reference. I tried but nothing appeared in the table records widget. Probably because I did not load any images to the attribute that is binary data type. I still do not understand how to load an image to a static entity attribute.